Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 19-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
mr.snuggles

That scape is amazingly done. How does he plant so well and the choice of driftwood is spectacular
Old 13-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #12
Sinubux

I found the link at the following URL http://www.adana.com.my/gallery/contest2008.htm

Looking at gallery number 1 who happen to below to a hongkong participant by the name of Cheng Siu Wai. I was just wondering how is the flora being done on the top of the stones used.
Old 13-02-2009, 02:01 AM   #13
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

How i wish to own 1 as spectacular one day
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
cho1973

What a great idea to post an inspiring scape and then discuss it. Please don't let this thread die and lets keep talking about the various designs.

I especially like the second image posted by Biweilow. It's simplicity in thought and execution is quite exquisite. Consider that only four plant types are used. And that only 2 species of fish...

I think what Amano clearly understands is scale and Depth. He very carefully chooses the size of his aquariums and subsequently the size and positioning of driftwood or rocks within. The choice of fish is then made in relation to the overall aquascape.

The thing is we can do this easily in our setups before any planting is done. It just takes some careful planning and a little more money... Ready selection of rocks and driftwood. If we spent a little more time considering our compositions and driftwood/rock purchases, there is no reason we couldn't create similar designs in our own home.

I especially like the way the discus appear like a herd of cattle grazing on a lush field... really quite a stunning piece here. Thanks for posting it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #15
brownie_blues

The first picture is an excellent play on the mirror effect from the glass and surface. I love how the wood creates a framing effect.