Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss

Old 17-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
ct1002
Arofanatic

redcross Help Needed!

to all sifus, may i know what kind of injury is this on my aro? or is it an infection?

i have a total of 11 aros in my tank , 1 injured like shown on video, another piece like showing same symptom but minor and all the other aro is ok. tank mate consists of 1 patin, 1 tin foil barb, 1 lemon fin barb, 3 gourami and 1 catfish.

what may cause the injury and how to cure it? i already added 2 packs of yellow powder and 5kg of salt after 30% water change. the condition seems worsened.

to all sifus, plz enlighten. thank you very much in advance.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/-7DegPCaE1A[/YOUTUBE]
ct1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
radiolite22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1002 View Post
to all sifus, may i know what kind of injury is this on my aro? or is it an infection?

i have a total of 11 aros in my tank , 1 injured like shown on video, another piece like showing same symptom but minor and all the other aro is ok. tank mate consists of 1 patin, 1 tin foil barb, 1 lemon fin barb, 3 gourami and 1 catfish.

what may cause the injury and how to cure it? i already added 2 packs of yellow powder and 5kg of salt after 30% water change. the condition seems worsened.

to all sifus, plz enlighten. thank you very much in advance.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/-7DegPCaE1A[/YOUTUBE]
First you have to determine what causes the infection bro...

If it's external injuries caused by fights, then no big worries. But from the video, it seems like the scales are rotting off like tissue paper. I have experienced such symptoms on my aro comm before and lost one of them due to late treatment.

I will suggest putting aquamedic multicure to treat the whole tank as it is more of a bacterial infection rather superficial wounds. Try not to add yellow powder direct to treat the whole tank as it will kill your bbs. Also 5kg of salt?!!! How big is your tank btw? Seems super cramped in the video.

The key to recovery is to maintain good water perimeter and proper medication.

Do keep us updated on your progress bro
Old 18-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
azon
Senior Dragon

looks like the bioload is very high for you tank.. did you check the nitrate level and how long have you not wash your filter medias?
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
KANCE
Endangered Dragon

redcross

take that fella out immediately and dose in API tetracycline fast. Keep the water clean and use some from the original tank. Don't hesitate, isolate the fella immediately.
KANCE is offline   Reply With Quote