Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 01-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #91
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by arorules
u live telok kurau? i live joo chiat !! haha

dragon fish:I have kept koi for abt 4 years? all started when i requested for pond...
Hi neighbour!
Old 01-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #92
terence28

Default My good memories...

Some good memories to share...

My Showa 80cm, and Ochiba 92cm

My wife w her babies...

my favourate Kohaku 80cm

Family portrait

Fav Showa 81cm

Last edited by terence28; 01-08-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #93
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
Some good memories to share...

My Showa 80cm, and Ochiba 92cm

My wife w her babies...

my favourate Kohaku 80cm

Family portrait

Fav Showa 81cm
Some of your fish looks familiar, especially your kohaku and showa. Did you join the koi competition organised by the koi club singapore?
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #94
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Beautiful Kois!!!!!
winkelhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #95
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelhock
Beautiful Kois!!!!!
Thanks my Utmost Idol... but u are in the wrong forum! Shocked to see u here! Hahahahahaa!
Old 01-08-2005, 11:38 PM   #96
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku
Some of your fish looks familiar, especially your kohaku and showa. Did you join the koi competition organised by the koi club singapore?
Never joined any competition before...
Old 02-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #97
-flyfisher-

nice kois.. esp the kohaku that is a bit like a jigsaw.. i keep a few kois too.. but never liked chargois.. they turn black in my pond... the alternative came up.. karashi... its yellow and super friendly!!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #98
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Beautiful Kois Bro T28.
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #99
whiteice

Quote:
Originally Posted by arorules
sorry..i did not say they were thai...i just asking only....

may iask how come the first picture on the left side the koi is yellow and with white... what breed? sorry i no good at koi...
then the firstpic the big koi is what?

but have to say your Yamabuki ogon.. is a beauty... huge somemore...

is your shiro the shiny kind?cnt see from camera.... or isit a bekko?
No worries, actually, this is the first time I heard of thai kois. din know they were in the market cos haven been buying recently.

In the first pic, the koi which is yellow/white is a Ki koi. I bought it from Nippon. Around ten inches only back then and cost 150. I agree quality is not tip top for a Ki Koi but at 150, it was considered cheap as Ki Kois were not readily available then.

Ironically, the largest of my koi is also the cheapest. Bred locally from Jumbo parents imported from Japan by Ah Seng of Nippon. It's a variety of Chagoi supposed to have some pearl scale. I bought 3 from that spawn (6-7 inches at 80 bucks each). I have since given the two other siblings away and kept this large one with the most unique colouration, The other two were blackish and brownish and were only slightly more than half it's size.

Regarding the Orgon, yes, it has the best body shape in my lot. Unfortunately, I was inexperienced then and fin rot (pectoral) set in and left it's right fin deformed. I consulted Max of Max Koi. He could do some trimming and cutting but it would take 1 month plus. Anyway, his advice was not to do it as the fish only cost 600 bucks, not worth spending on cosmetic surgery for it. Anyway, the fish is swimming fine so I left it.

It's a bekko, nothing special with regards to this piece, just tought of having a bekko to complete the variety thing you know.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:37 AM   #100
whiteice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Fish
I fully agree.

The yamabuki ogon was simply awesome.

The kohaku are solid and the showa was fabulous !!!!

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for you comments

Actually, my nicest fish should be the Orgon but I destroyed it by scarring the right pectoral.

Only one Kohaku can make it due to it's body shape (female) and white instead of the common yellowish body.

The Showa looked better when it was younger. Now that it's grown, the colours seemed to have spread out. Think must feed more spirulina when they are relocated. I confess I've been stinging on their food quality.

I'm actually particularly proud of how my local bred chagoi turned out. Nice body shape and unique colouration. I seldom see this colour with the pearl scales in the market.