Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 19-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #11
the_r0ck

I assume the first picture is the front? If so then try to get your vallis to the back.

In aquascaping there is one common principle and that is to have proper layers of height in the tank. Shortest at the front and the longest at the ends and back, this way you can also create depth for your scape.

FOr your current tank, the hairgrass are the foreground, the riccia on the driftwood can be the mid ground to serve as a smooth transition to the background, which is your java ferns and your vallis.

Anyway you could make your tank more prominent by taking a frontal shot rather than an angled or elevated (or otherwise) shot.

Keep us updated.
Old 19-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #12
StormX

Smile

Noted with Thanks. I will make some changes when i add in some mid height plants. Will keep all posted.

Cheers.
Old 19-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
armageddon
Senior Dragon

not only that, seems like you've taken the more conservative step. in trying out slightly lower requirement plants and hardier ones. saw u have java ferns at the back. good move. first learn about what problems are possible than slowly counter each before putting evrything to prevent. that way you will manage more things. i'm still at phase of coutnering them not yet at preventive phase. as bros at the preventive phase are all lao jiao and experts like bro rocky liao
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
StormX

Smile

Thanks Bros
Old 20-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #15
AquaObsession

Think the open space is a bit too bit. You can consider some glosso, app, hc, hairgrass
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #16
KPeck

Any updates on the tank?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #17
StormX

I have move a few plants around and also by adding some. I will be away till next tuesday. Thereafter will take some pictures and post it here.

Cheers.