Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 03-05-2003, 10:58 AM   #51
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
i see... i see.... did not realise that shop is called capricone. went there once as i weren't interested in aquarium plants so i missed it.

any idea whether JK4 ah pek has got duckweeds in his mortar-brick ponds?
Don't recall JK4 ah pek has any in his ponds where he housed his GFs. But there might be some in those ponds further in which are not accessable by visitors, may be can ask him to give some? If I recalled correctly, some of the ponds at Summer Koi have duckweeds.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:41 AM   #52
Xerovix

yup. those ponds not accessible to visitors are what i'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY
Don't recall JK4 ah pek has any in his ponds where he housed his GFs. But there might be some in those ponds further in which are not accessable by visitors, may be can ask him to give some? If I recalled correctly, some of the ponds at Summer Koi have duckweeds.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:58 PM   #53
Idiocy

Quote:
where is JK4?
Old 03-05-2003, 02:03 PM   #54
Xerovix

seletar west farmway 4 no.4... address used is JK4. JK is short for jalan kayu.

Quote:
Originally posted by Idiocy
where is JK4?
Old 04-05-2003, 09:23 AM   #55
happybuddha

I read in this thread that duckweeds reproduce quickly if given a lot of sunlight and fed with high nitrate tank water.

I'm wondering if ONE duckweed in a glass cup meeting the mentioned requirements can reproduce itself, or do I need a pair of duckweeds?
Old 04-05-2003, 11:16 AM   #56
Xerovix

a single duckweed with root can multiply itself...

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
I read in this thread that duckweeds reproduce quickly if given a lot of sunlight and fed with high nitrate tank water.

I'm wondering if ONE duckweed in a glass cup meeting the mentioned requirements can reproduce itself, or do I need a pair of duckweeds?
Old 05-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #57
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha

I used to have duckweeds on one of my 2 ft planted tank. After clearing away 3/4 of them on the surface, they will immediately reproduce and covered up the surface again within a week. Of cause, my planted tank was then full of nutrients and plently of light.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #58
happybuddha

Quote:
I used to have duckweeds on one of my 2 ft planted tank. After clearing away 3/4 of them on the surface, they will immediately reproduce and covered up the surface again within a week. Of cause, my planted tank was then full of nutrients and plently of light.
Yeah, I read that they reproduce very quickly and bros are giving them away for free becoz of that. Some planters even find duckweeds a nuisance. Unfortunately all my duckweeds are gone leow after having it for a day.

I want to see just how fast they can reproduce and decided to seperate one duckweed in a glass cup last evening. So far no new ones are found yet.

I've been looking for a pic of Frogbits but have no luck. Do you by any chance have a pic of it?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:57 PM   #59
goldfishfever

Do you sterilized the duckweed before feeding to the goldfish.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:07 PM   #60
Xerovix

i do not think bro happybuddha has disinfect them b4 feeding...

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Do you sterilized the duckweed before feeding to the goldfish.