Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 22-10-2004, 05:32 PM   #11
$MirF

oh ok, but the black marks are still there, n i haf zero ammonia, n ph 6.8. i thhink that is to low? its a fantail fish by the way. and the internal infection, it is being put in quarantine wid medication.

so dragonfly_sg are u suggesting i should grow green algae in my tank? i believe my cuzin had that green algae, becuz he never took care of it.
Old 22-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #12
dragonfly_sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by $MirF
oh ok, but the black marks are still there, n i haf zero ammonia, n ph 6.8. i thhink that is to low? its a fantail fish by the way. and the internal infection, it is being put in quarantine wid medication.

so dragonfly_sg are u suggesting i should grow green algae in my tank? i believe my cuzin had that green algae, becuz he never took care of it.
Black Marking = sign of recovery ....... so ok.

Zero Ammonia ( assuming you do frequent wc to remove nitrate )....... perfect.

6.8 pH ....... still ok but you might want to buffer it with CC. pH slightly above 7 would be neat.

If you suspect the fish is diseased, isolation and medicate as needed.

Creating GW is not easy ( esp. if you use artificial lighting ) and you have to really know what you're doing (eg. when the water is too green) and be very observant for problems, whenever your fish is in GW. Low visibility and not being observant is the formula for a big disaster :P. GW is good for growth and colour but if your focus is to improve health(disease wise) then it's not recommended. But the choice is up to you.

Personally I would keep a sick fish in a tank with clear water for easy observation.