Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 03-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Default Where to get high quality Jap Ranchus?

Well bros and sis, advise where i can look c look c for good ranchus?
Angsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
SuNfIsH

Qian Hu? i also dunno.. newbie
Old 03-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #3
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SuNfIsH
Qian Hu? i also dunno.. newbie
thinking of changing from luohan to ranchu..so hope the experts here can advise me..thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
Kawai

Not an expert, but if you are looking for real jap imports, I have no useful lead for you. But if you are looking at jap bloodline, that is jap and thai import mix, there are quite many places, just pay attention to sat. straits times classifies, usu. around 4-6 places.

For starters, visit some jap websites online so that you can get an idea about the basic form of good quality ranchu, rectangular headshape, thick back and tail joint, balanced development, open tail, neat scales, longer dist. between eyes and nose, etc.

Anyway, quality ranchu does not mean jap ranchu, it is simply the result of tight selection from the desired qualities. In short, don't let place of origin or price influence your selection... Let me know if you need to know more.

Quote:
Originally posted by Angsua
thinking of changing from luohan to ranchu..so hope the experts here can advise me..thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 09:23 PM   #5
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawai
Not an expert, but if you are looking for real jap imports, I have no useful lead for you. But if you are looking at jap bloodline, that is jap and thai import mix, there are quite many places, just pay attention to sat. straits times classifies, usu. around 4-6 places.

For starters, visit some jap websites online so that you can get an idea about the basic form of good quality ranchu, rectangular headshape, thick back and tail joint, balanced development, open tail, neat scales, longer dist. between eyes and nose, etc.

Anyway, quality ranchu does not mean jap ranchu, it is simply the result of tight selection from the desired qualities. In short, don't let place of origin or price influence your selection... Let me know if you need to know more.
thanks for advice
Old 03-02-2004, 09:35 PM   #6
tcp1986

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawai

yoz bro long time no see huh
Old 03-02-2004, 09:39 PM   #7
SuNfIsH

Quote:
Old 03-02-2004, 09:51 PM   #8
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SuNfIsH
Old 03-02-2004, 10:04 PM   #9
SuNfIsH

Quote:
me not expert enugh to give advice
Old 03-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #10