Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 18-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
Arubino
Arofanatic

Keen on getting rocks for landscaping too ...
Arubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
ya. the ratio porportion have been changed due to the size of the rocks... this pool theme was the main concept i have wanted for this tank from day 1. just that instead of 3 "pool" of planted region and river sand, it has came down to only 1 major pool... front will be filled with fine white stones (sand alike) whereby the back will be filled with rocks than soil and complemented with BW. now in search of BW. most plants that is kept inside will be bucephalandras
BW is bogwood? Why am I not surprised with your plant choice... For excellent bogwood selection, suggest you pay a visit to GC, they having in-house promo now, and a whole wall or BW to choose from... Too many to see until I gave up.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Nice rocks! Care to share whereabouts you purchase your rocks and how much per kg? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubino View Post
Keen on getting rocks for landscaping too ...
not ex. but unless you are going for LARGE rocks like above 2 ft in size and each is like 20+ Kgs, normal LFS actually have good choice.. the main rock u see on the left itself is like 30+kg... and its small compared to all the rocks they have there... i did an estimate, some are like 50 over KGs and alot alot alot are still in bags and hidden, alone so can't pick too much also. can only get what i see on floor...

price is good. near QH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
BW is bogwood? Why am I not surprised with your plant choice... For excellent bogwood selection, suggest you pay a visit to GC, they having in-house promo now, and a whole wall or BW to choose from... Too many to see until I gave up.
hahaha... ya lor. planning a shipment end this month too... so getting my buceps and skeleton kings and many other clumps. cause a few customer also ordered... u keen? GC is good. but ya... their price, my pocket shallow lah... haha...
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #14
nefish
Dragon

Finally got your rocks.....wah....real heavy leh....back breaking. Can't wait to see your scape liao....
nefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #15
armageddon
Senior Dragon

anybody know where got wood?
need root root type... farms etc also can. so long as have LARGE selection to look see look see i happy liao..

also any mediums that i can put at the bottom before ADA? cause thick thick... thinking lava rocks. but they will increase pH alot..
Old 22-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #16
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefish View Post
Finally got your rocks.....wah....real heavy leh....back breaking. Can't wait to see your scape liao....
yes... 3 pieces are heavy and need ropes tying to them to secure before lowering into tank and position. biggest piece is more than 30 kg if i do not recall wrongly and its the first piece that caught my attention when i saw the mountain high rocks.....
Old 22-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #17
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
anybody know where got wood?
need root root type... farms etc also can. so long as have LARGE selection to look see look see i happy liao..

also any mediums that i can put at the bottom before ADA? cause thick thick... thinking lava rocks. but they will increase pH alot..
Lava rocks increase PH? I thought lava rocks are inert? I would think they would be the best fillers, coz they are cheap and lightweight.

You really should consider GC. They have some really nice rooty woods. Esp now that they are having sales. Am planning to head down again too. Prob tomoro if the wife allows. Lol... Short of a few pieces of woods for my wild discus tank... Zzz... Bought insufficient the last round.... I don't drive, so have limited access to farms. OTF has a large supply of woods in the back, last I was there. Might have lessened already due to the lease expiring for the general area. Seaview, NA all have limited woods these days too. Maybe Fishy Business and East Ocean. That's prob quite enough to last you a full Sunday of wood-shopping.

Last edited by Jon-san; 22-12-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 22-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #18
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Lava rocks increase PH? I thought lava rocks are inert? You really should consider GC. They have some really nice rooty woods. Esp now that they are having sales. Am planning to head down again too. Prob tomoro if the wife allows. Lol... Short of a few pieces of woods for my wild discus tank... Zzz... Bought insufficient the last round....
yes understand. but their price, my pocket cannot tahan... dont mind going all around to hunt... time is not a major problem as i dont mind hunting at farms. but $$ is a huge problem..
Old 22-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #19
armageddon
Senior Dragon

i also acknowledge that they have the things that most aquascapers want from tools to plants to anything u want under the sun, but went once in the past, they can't get this eriocaulon i was looking for... this eriocaulon is pretty much a phantom but i've seen pictures of it online (last dated was like in 2009) ..

went once. very cosy place. but still... my pocket isn't willing to share a portion due to not working and still a student... selling buceps and some exotic plants is just helping to sustain my scaping desires and cost nia... aiming for a chiller for this 422
Old 22-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #20
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
yes understand. but their price, my pocket cannot tahan... dont mind going all around to hunt... time is not a major problem as i dont mind hunting at farms. but $$ is a huge problem..
For the type of woods we are looking, I find mostly will be on the higher end side. What size woods you looking at getting? Any particular wood type? ADA-style? Bogwood? Old Blackwoods? BW woods? Will be easier to narrow the search down