Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 21-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #401
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Pulchra View Post
Hi good people,

Would like to ask if any of you guys experience a tank wipeout before and what do you do after that.

I had a moke recently and kept it in a tank together with an rainbow wolffish aka ery ery which I had for 5 months.

The moke has not been eating since I acquired for 3 days whenever I dropped in a carnivour pellet.

When I decided to throw in hikari frozen blood worm hoping to entice it to eat and a bit of black water essence... I discovered both my moke and ery ery died the next morning!!!

Sigh, I dunno if it is the blackwater or if the FBW that cause death.

I am thinking of scrubbing the whole tank now because I dunno how many hours have pass since I discovered them dead and removed them.
And followed by cycling again with active carbon this time.

Wondering if any of good sir experienced something similar before and advise on the next course of action.
Sad to hear that. Mokes are very sensitive to water condition changed. Think most likely the black water kills it. If mokes dun eat, most likely is the food u gave dun suit his previous diet. They can dun eat up to 3weeks, longest i seen 1 of mine, before it takes hikari sinking carnivore pellets. The longest i kept a moke is 9yrs, died last christmas, due to sudden ammonia spike.

Still keeping a group of them, hope to break my last record. Keep the water condition relatively the same and u get to see it another day. Normal scrubbing of tank and water change is enough unless ur fishes had died more than 3days.

Btw where u get the moke?
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #402
G.Pulchra

Hi Kohaku,

Thank you for the reply.
I got that moke from JZX.
The shop keeper told me all had been reserved and sold except for a baby sized moke.
I was so happy to hear that because I have been eyeing for a moke for the longest time.
And my first upper jaw since I posted here.
I love upper jaws.
I should have done more research and be more patient.
My fault cost me not just the life of moke but the Ery Ery as well.
Lesson learnt.
Old 26-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #403
Kohaku
Dragon

Red face

I was kana bombard by a supplier here that he rather supply dels at cheaper price and overlook at the quality when i ask him to help me find some royal tiger dels to bring in.

I am just curious how much u all willing to pay for premium grade cb delhezhi, about 3-4inches, not those royal tiger dels?

Currently those i see in the market cannot make it when they grow bigger. Either the pattern fade, become half bar or got some deforms. Most are selling at $12-15 for this lower grade dels. Most get stuck at lfs from 2inch to 4inch. What if can get grades like those sold at aquahobby previously or better? How much are u willing to pay? Over the years, i have seen a few good batches, but not all are very nice only a few can make it.

All inputs are appreciated before i show him there is demand here for quality dels and not those cheapo del before he willing to import them. Thanks in advance.
Old 27-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #404
G2Red
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
I was kana bombard by a supplier here that he rather supply dels at cheaper price and overlook at the quality when i ask him to help me find some royal tiger dels to bring in.

I am just curious how much u all willing to pay for premium grade cb delhezhi, about 3-4inches, not those royal tiger dels?

Currently those i see in the market cannot make it when they grow bigger. Either the pattern fade, become half bar or got some deforms. Most are selling at $12-15 for this lower grade dels. Most get stuck at lfs from 2inch to 4inch. What if can get grades like those sold at aquahobby previously or better? How much are u willing to pay? Over the years, i have seen a few good batches, but not all are very nice only a few can make it.

All inputs are appreciated before i show him there is demand here for quality dels and not those cheapo del before he willing to import them. Thanks in advance.
10"-14"...$60-$120...
G2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #405
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post

But then ah, once in, you buy everything then what is left for us lei? True or not bichir bros?
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #406
G2Red
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
But then ah, once in, you buy everything then what is left for us lei? True or not bichir bros?
Oh... I thought supplier is supplying to LFS...
G2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #407
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
Must see who FHFL I suppose like previously AH times.
desmondpeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #408
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Red View Post
But some hobbyists got close contact what, so have upper hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Hahaha.. But one hardcore delhezi collector I respect is bro trowa. Let everyone choose then he dabao the rest. Really miss the good old days
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 02:35 AM   #409
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Paisei.... I only import my own few royal tiger dels together with the importer's premium dels. I wont touch any of the premium dels. That's something i am sure. I wont have enough money to buy more after paying for my royal tiger dels.

I try to get sample photos of the premium dels for reference. Still discussing with them on the purchase to come in. Just need a local supplier who is willing to do the imports for me after stopping for so long.
Old 28-05-2014, 02:39 AM   #410
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
That's very true. See how i kuo a few not so nice lapen and dels after u all buy the good stuffs.