Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 21-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
woaini

Haiz......... I rest my case.

Childish
Old 21-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #12
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Wow talk is easy!!! Organise at shopping all, cheap trophy all....haha organiser need a lot of resource to do it be it manpower and $$$$!!!! Y judge muz wear tuxedo or suit ah? Y not u organise in shopping or expo with expensive trophy then u invite judges wearing suit or tie with nice leather shoes to make the betta scene of sg into a international standard!!!! I beg many ppl will applause u for ur kind contribution to our betta scene. Btw i am goin to zap u for not a appreciating ppl hard work in doing a comp......
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #13
Betta66
Arofanatic

Smile Sponsor is a Key Point.

To get someone as a sponsor in the comp. is very important but not easy!
With their support, organizer can have more grand prizes and trophy to be given.
If someone can come out a better idea to share it over here, that will be good.
Good for everyone and the new/old organizer.
3 cheers to all!!!
Betta66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #14
hiisoka
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by woaini View Post
The nicest comp i see so far.

Have been very disappointed on those previous bettas comp held recently.
Ie. u see comp held in hob area, even shop. You realised those trophies are of real cheapo version. Seeing judges wearing t-shirts n shorts while judging, some even wear slippers!

I think we should build up these hobbies n comp std. This is a international hobbies, the std should be too.

Ps: just 2 cents worth of thought

try organizing one yourself then.
so u are superficial enough to judge a book by its cover, yet talk about standards ha,,,!!! the irony
hiisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #15
leezhengxi

Quote:
The nicest comp i see so far.

Have been very disappointed on those previous bettas comp held recently.
Ie. u see comp held in hob area, even shop. You realised those trophies are of real cheapo version. Seeing judges wearing t-shirts n shorts while judging, some even wear slippers!

I think we should build up these hobbies n comp std. This is a international hobbies, the std should be too.

Ps: just 2 cents worth of thought
Very simple, if you're disappointed. Don't join. if you think hdb area, shops, low class. don't join. Don't like how the judges are dressed, don't join.

Comp is where we make friends, and learn new things. To me as a hobbyist, i join comp for the fun of it and making friends, not just the sole purpose of winning trophies. Winning trophies is just a bonus.

Building up comp standard, you should seek better fishes, not more atas places or people who dress smartly then can join.

What's the point of having a comp where everything so nice, but the fish no standard? Isn't it the same???

Quote:
No offence to previous organizers.

But by holding these comp in hdb area or shop or even fish farms will not expand the hobbies.

We should encourage these comp to be held at maybe shopping malls, expo, suntec or even in cc.
We will attract more people to know these hobbies n our nice fishes will have the chance to let others/public see/admire. They have done us proud.

Then more n more people or newbies will join us.
Otherwise we will keep seeing the oldies like us that keep appearing in these comp. sad though
Why hold comp in hdb area, shops and fish farm wont expand hobby?

HDB area, people come and go all the time, curious people will come in and see.
Shops, people also will pass by, it also saves the organisers costs.
Fish farms is where all the fish lovers go during weekends, people might want to take up the hobby of keeping bettas after realising that it can be entered for comp.

Do you have any idea how much you have to pay to rent places in shopping malls, suntec, expo and mbs? A small betta competition do you think it's worth the money to rent spaces at that kind of area??

I'm sure if you come out the money, many people sure will help you organise comp to YOUR standards.
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #16
Imbellis

Quote:
What makes you think that I didn't sponsor any of the comp?

PS: You never know who are you talking to. Thanks but no thanks to your unfriendly reply
Then may I know which comp have you sponsored? Would like to know which comp is it so that organisers like me can learn a thing or two from the comp that you are involved in.
You also mentioned that you are one of the "oldies that keep appearing in comps". If that is so then have we met?

Last edited by Imbellis; 22-08-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Imbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #17
johannes

Maybe 'appear' but bo join?!
Hahaha
Old 22-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #18
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
What makes you think that I didn't sponsor any of the comp?

PS: You never know who are you talking to. Thanks but no thanks to your unfriendly reply
ha kaki kong kaki song .............u try to hold your comp ... talkcock .
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #19
Imbellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Maybe 'appear' but bo join?!
Hahaha
Ya maybe just appear and disappear
Imbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 02:10 AM   #20
RBK

Good Say, Bro....
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezhengxi View Post
Very simple, if you're disappointed. Don't join. if you think hdb area, shops, low class. don't join. Don't like how the judges are dressed, don't join.

Comp is where we make friends, and learn new things. To me as a hobbyist, i join comp for the fun of it and making friends, not just the sole purpose of winning trophies. Winning trophies is just a bonus.

Building up comp standard, you should seek better fishes, not more atas places or people who dress smartly then can join.

What's the point of having a comp where everything so nice, but the fish no standard? Isn't it the same???

Why hold comp in hdb area, shops and fish farm wont expand hobby?

HDB area, people come and go all the time, curious people will come in and see.
Shops, people also will pass by, it also saves the organisers costs.
Fish farms is where all the fish lovers go during weekends, people might want to take up the hobby of keeping bettas after realising that it can be entered for comp.

Do you have any idea how much you have to pay to rent places in shopping malls, suntec, expo and mbs? A small betta competition do you think it's worth the money to rent spaces at that kind of area??

I'm sure if you come out the money, many people sure will help you organise comp to YOUR standards.