Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
dyong85

Default Discus Pair

hey ppl, i just got a new pair of discus. Was wondering wad can i do to like stimulate them to spawn? is there any ways to do so ? Need help from all of your expertise here! thanks.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
tuang
Arofanatic

1. is it a confirmed pair, or at least a male & female?
2. i assumed as yes, u can try feeding with bloodworms.
3. a water change before it rains helps me too. my pairs normally spawns before or during a rainfall. think it's a natural instinct in the fish.
tuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
simplybetta
Arofanatic

for a confirmed pair there chances they may spawn again else good luck or add a few more adults
simplybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Audiotom
Dragon

As long as it is a confirm pair, they are in good condition in terms of health, stress free, etc, water perimeters are ideal for spawning, they will spawn when you least expect them to do so.

Adding of blackwater do stimulate spawning but depends on above factors too.
Audiotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Bluegrassguppie

bro , if it is a male and a female
-must be compaitable
-good water condition by using good water coditioner like API
-good food like bloodworms or bh or ph
-if u feed tubifex worms right , must wash the worms first then feed , after feeding deworm them.
Old 14-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
dyong85

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplybetta View Post
for a confirmed pair there chances they may spawn again else good luck or add a few more adults
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuang View Post
1. is it a confirmed pair, or at least a male & female?
2. i assumed as yes, u can try feeding with bloodworms.
3. a water change before it rains helps me too. my pairs normally spawns before or during a rainfall. think it's a natural instinct in the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiotom View Post
As long as it is a confirm pair, they are in good condition in terms of health, stress free, etc, water perimeters are ideal for spawning, they will spawn when you least expect them to do so.

Adding of blackwater do stimulate spawning but depends on above factors too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassguppie View Post
bro , if it is a male and a female
-must be compaitable
-good water condition by using good water coditioner like API
-good food like bloodworms or bh or ph
-if u feed tubifex worms right , must wash the worms first then feed , after feeding deworm them.
Thanks bros ! yea. I am waiting for them to spawn soon. well. hope it will spawn. hope and pray.
Old 15-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
oscar77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyong85 View Post
hey ppl, i just got a new pair of discus. Was wondering wad can i do to like stimulate them to spawn? is there any ways to do so ? Need help from all of your expertise here! thanks.
How to treat slime disease? What to do if the fish pass out white poo? What if the fishes bloated stomach? Have you notice your fishes are breathing with only one side of gill open widely and the other side is closing?

If the above never come across your mind, i sincerely suggest not to think about breed them soon. When study math, one have to start with + and - first. Imagine if you starting with matrix, will you lost the interest in Math and find that "math" is difficult?
oscar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
dyong85

Wow, nice theory. noted. I still learning along the way. do you have any tips for me?
Old 15-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Still got many like, what food to give the fried, when to give, when n how much to change water, after that Wat time good to separate the fries, etc etc.....too many questions n answer u need to know before breeding discus. Grab some discus books to know more about this beautiful fish.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar77 View Post
How to treat slime disease? What to do if the fish pass out white poo? What if the fishes bloated stomach? Have you notice your fishes are breathing with only one side of gill open widely and the other side is closing?

If the above never come across your mind, i sincerely suggest not to think about breed them soon. When study math, one have to start with + and - first. Imagine if you starting with matrix, will you lost the interest in Math and find that "math" is difficult?
Well said, better to be fully prepared.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote