Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 17-05-2004, 03:35 AM   #21
miracleman

u wld definately spend more and more.. mebbe check out pics at all the galleries here to get an idea of what u can do lor.. about the sump rite.. there is a overflow compartment with a hole at the bottom and pipe connected to the hole.. water flow down and in a series of over/underflow will get to the last compartment where u wld haf to have a powerhead connected to a pipe to blow the water up again. look at my 4ft for a better idea. like all the bro's said here, think properly wat u wanna keep 1st.. speaking frm personal experience.. u buy cheap stuff, save u money now, but later when u wanna change to better,(which u most definately will) u'll b wasting even more money.
Old 17-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #22
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_king79
can ask where do u get all yr equipment from?
majority of my stuff were fr e-aquarists.
Old 17-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #23
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_king79
i think i setting aside 2 k for the 4 ft tank do u think it is ok?
2k 4 tjuz tk, cabinet, sump is more than enough. can add in a MH/chiller(cheapo type) oso.
Old 17-05-2004, 03:16 PM   #24
miracleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
2k 4 tjuz tk, cabinet, sump is more than enough. can add in a MH/chiller(cheapo type) oso.
bro, did u calculate cost of lighting etc.. inside as well?
Old 17-05-2004, 03:17 PM   #25
miracleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
oops, salt as well.. quite ex also...
Old 17-05-2004, 03:44 PM   #26
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracleman
oops, salt as well.. quite ex also...
LR and coral sand already cost a bomb for 4ft.
Old 17-05-2004, 04:59 PM   #27
devilfire

Quote:
bro, did u calculate cost of lighting etc.. inside as well?
'
no..it's juz those things i mentioned. but 2k u can get a MH lights on top of the tk, cabinet, sump n hood.
Old 17-05-2004, 05:41 PM   #28
ah_king79

Quote:
u wld definately spend more and more.. mebbe check out pics at all the galleries here to get an idea of what u can do lor.. about the sump rite.. there is a overflow compartment with a hole at the bottom and pipe connected to the hole.. water flow down and in a series of over/underflow will get to the last compartment where u wld haf to have a powerhead connected to a pipe to blow the water up again. look at my 4ft for a better idea. like all the bro's said here, think properly wat u wanna keep 1st.. speaking frm personal experience.. u buy cheap stuff, save u money now, but later when u wanna change to better,(which u most definately will) u'll b wasting even more money.
i hav check with yr galleries is yr resun cl 450 suitable 4 yr 4 ft tank? r it able to cool the tank to a reasonable temp? if so how long it take to cool the tank?