Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 12-06-2005, 02:20 AM   #11
LVANILLA
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroHong
This is interesting, I didn't know that daphnia can be kept alive for many days by feeding spirulina powder. I just throw every thing (including water) into the tank. My 1st $1 packet took 36 hrs to finish, 2nd slightly faster - did a 50% WC, now 3rd packet almost finished in 24 hours.

I just checked and strangely the BBRs have fatten up alot, the backs have smoothen up and filled up to quite a smooth curve.

Daphnia to me is definitely the best - BBRs feed 24hrs non stop, even in the dark. This means non stop slow graceful swimming and excerising.

Bro, may I know how big is yr BBr tank? U pour $1 worth of daphinia into yr tank? Won't it foul the water? If your method work than I may want to follow too. Bcos dont have to keep another container for the daphinia , the fish can also eat all u can. I notice that the BBR stomach will not be as big as compared to feeding pellet food.
LVANILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:12 AM   #12
antonioshabirto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVANILLA
Bro, may I know how big is yr BBr tank? U pour $1 worth of daphinia into yr tank? Won't it foul the water? If your method work than I may want to follow too. Bcos dont have to keep another container for the daphinia , the fish can also eat all u can. I notice that the BBR stomach will not be as big as compared to feeding pellet food.
Hi bro just need to chk.... isnt petmart selling live daphinia ??

and why isnt it good to feed em brine shrimp ?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #13
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
I think for SV is OK if they eat non-stop. For TVR, I think better feed slowly. Why make a TVR look like a SVR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioshabirto

If Petmart sells live daphnia, I will be a happier man. Why brine shrimp not good. See: http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...5&page=5&pp=10 from post 42 onwards.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #14
LVANILLA
Arofanatic

Juz to share. If wrong pls advice. For a 50 cent pack, it can feed for 1 day with 2 feeding. The stomach will not bloat up like pellet food. I tnk this is a good thing abt life food. U can see that the fish eat and eat with the feed but in the morning when see, the daphnia is gone and the fish stomach look slim. Can feed more w/o causing much problem to the fish.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #15
LVANILLA
Arofanatic

Quote:

They sell juz hatch brine shrimp. $2 one cup. I tnk young brine shrimp is nutritious but not adult brine shrimp with is sea monkey.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #16
AroHong

AFC Member

Quote:
My 2 Kashino BBRs are currently housed in a normal 2ft tank, water level is just 6~7inches high. The BBRs simply eat, swim and shit non stop thru the day and night.

You need to monitor the shit and the air bubbles. I scope out the nicely formed black shit 2~3 times a day and when the air bubbles start to take a longer time to burst, I do about 50% WC. I try to keep daphnia constantly available so that the BBRs do not start biting and splitting its own shit as this will foul up the water faster.

So far BBRs still look TV - slim and fit but growing fast, but this is the first time I'm doing this so I can't confirm how it will turn out.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #17
LVANILLA
Arofanatic

Sea View at Seletar West Farmway 2 aslo sell daphnia. 50cent per pack. Juz bought 1 2day.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #18
antonioshabirto

Quote:
Sea View at Seletar West Farmway 2 aslo sell daphnia. 50cent per pack. Juz bought 1 2day.
hey bro can u tell me which part of seletar farmway? is it the fukami area ?

thanks
Old 13-06-2005, 12:00 AM   #19
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
hey bro can u tell me which part of seletar farmway? is it the fukami area ?

thanks
This is good news for me man.
Old 13-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #20
antonioshabirto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
This is good news for me man.
i went the whole island to search for daphinia but not avalaible

Bros

how abt live blood worms ? is it good to feed them that ?

i heard live blood worms are better ?