Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 21-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #11
Repz

wow i wish i could just goto thailand and grab some and bring em back to my tank
or my family send me soem from there!
ahhaha the livestock is way better than what we got here in aus
Old 22-08-2004, 01:00 AM   #12
dragonfly_sg

I went, I saw but I didn't buy

There doesn't seem to be a hassle free way to bring the fish back.

If you box it up into a styrofoam box and check it in, I heard that there wouldn't be much problem, but I am worry that, firstly the styrofoam box might not be able to take the baggage handling and also I don't know if the fish can take the handling esp. the bigger fish.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:59 AM   #13
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly_sg

If you box it up into a styrofoam box and check it in, I heard that there wouldn't be much problem, but I am worry that, firstly the styrofoam box might not be able to take the baggage handling and also I don't know if the fish can take the handling esp. the bigger fish.
I don't think fishes imported into SG from all over the world by fish tank right?
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 04:20 AM   #14
beowulf

Quote:

I asked bro Grossman before, you should try Thai or Sing airways apparently cos they allow carry on. I think.
Old 22-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #15
arserulez

nice pics bro.... thx for sharing...
Old 22-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #16
AeroKing

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnng
Just upload some pics of thai gf

Click on the link

Last minute trip, forget to charge battery for digital camera

Using normal 35mm camera

So pic quality not so good

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/gregnng/thaigf/
Bo si mi swee leh!!
Old 22-08-2004, 01:20 PM   #17
arserulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKing
Bo si mi swee leh!!
at least we dun haf to go down personally then can c what fishes there are like what....
Old 23-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #18
dragonfly_sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
I don't think fishes imported into SG from all over the world by fish tank right?
Usually when fishes are ship in and out of Singapore, they are usually done in container or pellet quantity. These are transported, packed and ship upright

At the airport normal check in counter the baggage handlers just toss the baggage into the trams ( from airport terminal ) and when it reaches the plane it gets toss onto the mech conveyer belt into the plan, then it get toss into one corner of the plane. When it reaches Singapore the process is reverse

Sometime our luggage also cannot take it leh don't say a styrofoam box

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
I asked bro Grossman before, you should try Thai or Sing airways apparently cos they allow carry on. I think.
I also heard there are people who got into problem, with either the airline ( don't know which ) or customs. Thats why I didn't even borthered trying .
Old 23-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #19
TVR

Quote:
Usually when fishes are ship in and out of Singapore, they are usually done in container or pellet quantity. These are transported, packed and ship upright

At the airport normal check in counter the baggage handlers just toss the baggage into the trams ( from airport terminal ) and when it reaches the plane it gets toss onto the mech conveyer belt into the plan, then it get toss into one corner of the plane. When it reaches Singapore the process is reverse

Sometime our luggage also cannot take it leh don't say a styrofoam box

I also heard there are people who got into problem, with either the airline ( don't know which ) or customs. Thats why I didn't even borthered trying .
Bro, but many managed to hand carry back leh!
By checking in cargo as I was told!

Last edited by TVR; 23-08-2004 at 01:25 PM.
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #20
peter porker

Talking

bring a haversack, a plastic container with a screw-tightened cap, duct tape and some oxygen pellets. put fish in container with water, add oxygen pellets, tighten cap, seal it with the duct tape and put it inside your haversack and hand carry into the aircraft. if want to be kiasu, use some t-shirts to form a protective barrier round the container. you are allowed 3 litres anyway so cannot carry too many back also, probably 3-4 pieces of moderate size. you can put your haversack in the overhead compartment but make sure you position your container and your bag properly to minimise movement.