Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 22-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #11
jack_dempsey
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSaw View Post
I finally got to see 4ppm ofr help! ammonia spike after trying for so many days. I realized I had to use the 2 ammonia solutions instead of one because I thought the other was a spare. Felt damn stupid after reading the instruction manual haha.
You mean those supplied by the tank maker?
I just got my tank from them. No time to go through the water solutions provided but will sure start cycling my tank soon.
jack_dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #12
JigSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowling View Post
one packet of feeder gold fishes will help a lot.
Then buy the Fritz Zyme7 to start breeding some bacteria!
http://fritzaquatics.com/product/fri...-7-freshwater/
Thanks for the tip! Will throw in some feeders when my ammonia and nitrite reduces a bit, I think now its quite fatal for fishes, ammonia still at 2ppm.

I added Microbe-Lift special blend, does it works the same way as fritz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterChwee View Post
Are those bottled bacteria solution sold at LFS able to kick start having fishes inside a new tank instead of waiting days or weeks to get the tank cycled ?
I heard from my friend that he used only bacteria solution without cycling, but every other day he dose a bit inside to counter the rising ammonia and nitrite because I think these bottled bacteria doesn't stay alive for long in the medias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_dempsey View Post
You mean those supplied by the tank maker?
I just got my tank from them. No time to go through the water solutions provided but will sure start cycling my tank soon.
I'm using the API Freshwater Master Test Kit. My tank maker didn't provide me with any solutions tho haha. Mind sharing what they gave to you?
JigSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #13
WaterChwee
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSaw View Post

I heard from my friend that he used only bacteria solution without cycling, but every other day he dose a bit inside to counter the rising ammonia and nitrite because I think these bottled bacteria doesn't stay alive for long in the medias.
?
Previously I did a 70% water change and 2 of my cilchids died and some grasping for air, I rushed down to LFS and they recommended me the bacteria solution and after I poured 2 cups in everything back to normal so was thinking
if adding these solution can kickstart the setup and transfer the livestocks in.
WaterChwee is offline   Reply With Quote