Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
MiyukiRei
Dragon

Default Have been failing terribly...

Hi af bros and sis...
have been trying my best for spawning but i just can't seem to get it.
have tried out different pairs as i know some may not work. but sadly all have not worked. the closest i got was after wrapping, removed the female but male ate all the eggs. by the time i realised too late for artifical hatching...

Just wanna ask the steps you guys take for breeding.

Here's my method, do comment on it

1) place the pair in SU830 containers. let them see each other 20 min 2 times daily. feeding fbw during the process of 4 days.
2) set up breeding tank ( Mine's a container from ikea ). fill up halfway. let the male swim in it for a day.
3)cut those plastic bottle half. protect the female.
4) if bubble nest acceptable will release the female.
5) i don't really check on them or peep just cover and prevent any distractions.
6) remove female when its done.

Just to add. there are times when i see wrapping but after like 2 hours the nest has been destroyed. any reasons for this ?
MiyukiRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Jasmine1005
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyukiRei View Post
Hi af bros and sis...
have been trying my best for spawning but i just can't seem to get it.
have tried out different pairs as i know some may not work. but sadly all have not worked. the closest i got was after wrapping, removed the female but male ate all the eggs. by the time i realised too late for artifical hatching...

Just wanna ask the steps you guys take for breeding.

Here's my method, do comment on it

1) place the pair in SU830 containers. let them see each other 20 min 2 times daily. feeding fbw during the process of 4 days.
2) set up breeding tank ( Mine's a container from ikea ). fill up halfway. let the male swim in it for a day.
3)cut those plastic bottle half. protect the female.
4) if bubble nest acceptable will release the female.
5) i don't really check on them or peep just cover and prevent any distractions.
6) remove female when its done.

Just to add. there are times when i see wrapping but after like 2 hours the nest has been destroyed. any reasons for this ?
is it possible that after the wrapping the male realise it's not a good condition to hatch the babies? Or could it be the eggs rot and the male realise it's pointless?
Jasmine1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
berddreb

u remove the female immediately after the wrapping?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Cylence87

Bro, im having same prob as u. I had 3 failed attempts with 2 different females whereby the eggs and bubblenest were gone even before the fries could hatch. Breeding methods were pretty similar to urs. My guess is the prob lies with the male. Not giving up though, in the midst of 4th attempt!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
Jasmine1005
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylence87 View Post
Bro, im having same prob as u. I had 3 failed attempts with 2 different females whereby the eggs and bubblenest were gone even before the fries could hatch. Breeding methods were pretty similar to urs. My guess is the prob lies with the male. Not giving up though, in the midst of 4th attempt!
The never say die spirit! I like! Hahaha
Jasmine1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
MiyukiRei
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by berddreb View Post
u remove the female immediately after the wrapping?
not the first wrap only after the male chases her away.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
berddreb

mmm, or maybe the male lazy or inexperienced? cuz after successfully mating the male will also have to cont blowing bubbles and picked the eggs....
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
spottyfish

Try to spawn with different males and females. Sometimes the problem do not lie with you and your method but probably on the individual fish itself.

Spawning should not be too difficult if pair is compatible. Almost as good as putting a conditioned male and female and your job should be done

After eggs are laid, and you see the male chase the female to one corner, just take her out for a good rest
Old 09-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
MiyukiRei
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by berddreb View Post
mmm, or maybe the male lazy or inexperienced? cuz after successfully mating the male will also have to cont blowing bubbles and picked the eggs....
Thats why i have no idea whats happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottyfish View Post
Try to spawn with different males and females. Sometimes the problem do not lie with you and your method but probably on the individual fish itself.

Spawning should not be too difficult if pair is compatible. Almost as good as putting a conditioned male and female and your job should be done

After eggs are laid, and you see the male chase the female to one corner, just take her out for a good rest

i have tried like 6 pairs le. the furthest was removing female but male eating eggs..
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
berddreb

tried 6 totally different pairs?