Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 20-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
dadahkun
Arofanatic

Thank you so much for the advice bro.
1. My Silver aro is about 11months. i had it when it was 1month old. Its diet is SW only. Some times i feed it with my cull betta if SW is not available.
2. I WC by 25% every 3-4 days because i only have a normal filtration which is OHF with stones and carbon filter and with aerator. The tank is 2ft by length. I know its small for an aro already and im looking for a bigger tank.
3. It sometimes bang its head in the glass or the top cover if there's a construction work in the HDB.
4. Now im lowering the water level. I bought a feeder last night and it just ate 2-3 fish. few months ago, it can consume 20 SW a day. Now its just bitre it then spit it.

Sorry for the delayed response to all of you. thanbk you so much for the response. Planning to buy a bigger tank and buy an RTG. Any advice? thanks
dadahkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
gan77
Arofanatic

bro, I don't agree feeding of SW solely as its diet. SW will cause protrude Anus which is not good for Juv. Arro.

If right now, it is not eating SW, try hunger the bunger a few days, and try start MP or even floating pellets. Silvers are much easier to train.

MP will be a better diet in terms of your cleanlines of water, bacteria infection will be reduced.

Don't feel soft-hearted, else you cannot convert the diet.

Just my sharing knowledge.
gan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
stargazer
Dragon

I every 1 week change diet for my aro, between sw, frogs, live feeders. So far they dun like mp.

Hmm...do this as want more variety, just like me when tired of eating rice can change to eating mee or beehoon
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadahkun View Post
Thank you so much for the advice bro.
1. My Silver aro is about 11months. i had it when it was 1month old. Its diet is SW only. Some times i feed it with my cull betta if SW is not available.
2. I WC by 25% every 3-4 days because i only have a normal filtration which is OHF with stones and carbon filter and with aerator. The tank is 2ft by length. I know its small for an aro already and im looking for a bigger tank.
3. It sometimes bang its head in the glass or the top cover if there's a construction work in the HDB.
4. Now im lowering the water level. I bought a feeder last night and it just ate 2-3 fish. few months ago, it can consume 20 SW a day. Now its just bitre it then spit it.

Sorry for the delayed response to all of you. thanbk you so much for the response. Planning to buy a bigger tank and buy an RTG. Any advice? thanks
11 months old silver in 2ft tank? How big is your silver, and have you change your carbon filter before?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
dadahkun
Arofanatic

My silver is 1ft. i need to get a bigger tank. i just washed the pack of carbon and stone in the filter then put it back again.
dadahkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #16
majinn
Arofanatic

id go for arowana vital.. helped me before. just my 2 cents..
majinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadahkun View Post
My silver is 1ft. i need to get a bigger tank. i just washed the pack of carbon and stone in the filter then put it back again.
Perhaps you can change the carbon after 11months of use. Or you can put in the sun to dry it than use again.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote