Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 19-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #121
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanleow View Post
Hi QH, I would like to check if I can use this as a pump by modifying a tube to fit the outlet head and use it as a sump pump? I understand the flow the flow might not be strong enough but I'm using the Hydra 50 for a 200litre tank, so I believe it should be sufficient. I'm not sure worried about the flow as my lifestock will be low as this is not going to be predatory tank.
Hi, we will not recommend it that you modify it and use it as a sump tank return pump as Hydra 50 is not design this way and might not have the effective head max and will cause stress to the motor.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #122
Wymun
Arofanatic

Hi,

Just bought a Hydra Stream 1.

Just 1 question on install - Is the device directional? Meaning how do you tell which is the inlet and outlet, or is it not important? Thanks.
Wymun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #123
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymun View Post
Hi,

Just bought a Hydra Stream 1.

Just 1 question on install - Is the device directional? Meaning how do you tell which is the inlet and outlet, or is it not important? Thanks.
Hi,

Hydra stream is not directional and you may treat either way as inlet or outlet for your preference setup.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #124
50cents

Hi, I had installed Hydra 20 a week ago for my 60 litre goldfish tank and I find significant reduce in Nitrate. But, I see continuing rising of the amonia level at >8mg/l

So, can u pls advise what could be went wrong?
50cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #125
Aro2626
Arofanatic

hmm... just wondering is this thing reliable or no as i am eager to try one?

seem like there is a few negative feedback on this.

Those with negative feedback, the QH doesnt reply to their post.
Aro2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #126
ricksly

no device is perfect. just like if you are lucky u get a ak brand dvd player it can use up to 10 yrs also wont spoilt, but if u are suay u get a so brand it can actually spoilt the monment u use it.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #127
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro2626 View Post
hmm... just wondering is this thing reliable or no as i am eager to try one?

seem like there is a few negative feedback on this.

Those with negative feedback, the QH doesnt reply to their post.
Hi Bro,

Thanks for your interest in getting hydra stream for your tank setup. You may want to contact our retail on how to go about on your purchase as i understand that you are not in Singapore. Thanks.

As for the reliability, so far we acknowledge that we do have some pump which the impeller might have broken down but that is very minor qty. As much as we will want to have a perfect products, but we can only try to minimise the defect and not totally eliminate it. Thanks for the understanding.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #128
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cents View Post
Hi, I had installed Hydra 20 a week ago for my 60 litre goldfish tank and I find significant reduce in Nitrate. But, I see continuing rising of the amonia level at >8mg/l

So, can u pls advise what could be went wrong?
Hi,

The cata pure which hydra is using is releasing strong reactive Hydroxyl (OH) ions, which is the key to the cleansing reactions. It constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia

Most Ammonia Test Kits in the market measures Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN). They measure the total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium(NH4+) in the water. Hydro Pure Technology constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia. Therefore, it is normal that these test kit results in high readings as they measure total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium (NH4+).

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #129
Aro2626
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hi Bro,

Thanks for your interest in getting hydra stream for your tank setup. You may want to contact our retail on how to go about on your purchase as i understand that you are not in Singapore. Thanks.

As for the reliability, so far we acknowledge that we do have some pump which the impeller might have broken down but that is very minor qty. As much as we will want to have a perfect products, but we can only try to minimise the defect and not totally eliminate it. Thanks for the understanding.
Allright bro, I managed to get a singaporean fren to source for me at some retail store.
Thanks for the feed back. Will be getting the stream 2.
Really appreciate for the fast reply.
Aro2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #130
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Sorry a noob question:

Does the hydra lowers nitrate ?
My ammonia n nitrite are 0 n my concern is the high nitrate .
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote