Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 28-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #51
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky30092002
yes i hv made contact .. 2 choice: in normal 10" cartriage or in a 25-50kg bag .. but tomorrow sat thus unable to get

1)samples ..
2)price (at least till tomorrow)
3)info on how much is sufficent..

i believe ekia's pipe length wouldn't contain much right?

oso lookin into gettin those 10" water filter canister oso to minimise the diy part ..

by the does it need to be pressure thru' .. ?
my pipe length already quite long and difficult to handle already... maybe increase the diameter? Not sure how the DI works effectively though.. havent read up yet...

Seems like my $75 kindles some great minds here and help to save a lot of money here... haha
Old 30-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #52
mansiz

So does the tap water filter/purifier removes silicate and phosphate?
Old 31-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #53
Goh_TM

DI is strip out of every bit of nutrients that it filters through. THerefore, it is not suitable for human consumption. Infact, bad for our body.

For Marine, DI water is recharged after mixing with the trace elements, etc that comes from the salt.

FOr freshwater, it will need to be recharged with a conditioner provided by TWP.

DI water is used in Wafer plants.

Cheers!

Goh
Old 31-01-2005, 05:02 AM   #54
spsman

Default thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goh_TM
DI is strip out of every bit of nutrients that it filters through. THerefore, it is not suitable for human consumption. Infact, bad for our body.

For Marine, DI water is recharged after mixing with the trace elements, etc that comes from the salt.

FOr freshwater, it will need to be recharged with a conditioner provided by TWP.

DI water is used in Wafer plants.

Cheers!

Goh
thks goh for the info. that is why some ppl in RC suggested not using DI in the first place, remove than add trace elements..
but i do believe this tedious process is worth the long term results.

thks again for finding all these info.
Old 31-01-2005, 09:40 AM   #55
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansiz
So does the tap water filter/purifier removes silicate and phosphate?
Yes ... it does remove silicate, phosphate, nitrates, and other pollutants.

Also you need not to add the pH adjuster & trace elements if you are just replacing water loss from evaporation in a marine environment.

If you're using DI water to make salt water then all the trace elements removed from the production of DI water, all the elements of the sea salt will replenish automically from that brand of sea-salt.

Info adapted from the Tap Water Filter manual ...
Old 15-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #56
Ruff

The DIY DI gadget is interesting.

I understand DI does not remove those organic or inorganic substance which are not ionised.

Can anyone tell me whether chlorine and chloromine are removed by the DI gadget?
Old 15-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #57
Tigger

Hello Bro nicky,

How is the DI resin getting along? Have anybody manage to DIY sealife DI tube?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #58
Hans168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia View Post
Recommended by one of the reefers here a few months back... can't remember his nick.. if you know who you are... own up

Anyway, have been using this DI unit for all my top-up water for the past few days and the diatoms miraculously disappeared. Used to have to use the magnetic cleaner to clean the glass every 2 days as the whole glass is covered with diatoms. But since using DI water for top-up since Saturday, very little/no diatoms observed on the glass. Will monitor the situation and update this thread in a few weeks time.

Cost: $75
Replacement cartridge: $50 including installation
Lifespan: 1300l

Overall, if this DI unit really does its job well... I think its actually quite a worthwhile investment. Lets see if my green hair algae will go away in a few months time
I am using a device which delivers soft water in DI state.... appears promising and tickles me becos not replacement or carrtridge needed. Pay one-time $48 & it slaves for you forever!
Old 19-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #59
maddiericola

it seems that using a lab di water would be a good solution. some come with conductivity meter built in too! the problem is the price,
Old 20-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #60
laken
User Under Moderation

any cheap DI unit to recommend?
laken is offline   Reply With Quote