Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Flowerhorn Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #71
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedut View Post
depend how you groom bro, u buy $1-$2k comp grade if can not groom also bo pien liau
Bro...agree that keeping and groom is important....

but to start with, to get a good fish is difficult in local context.....I felt that it is a who's who connection in local market, and this could be a bottleneck for competition FH to be in the mass market.....

Maybe this explain why most LFS still selling RD instead...
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #72
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

Difficulty in getting comp grade FH is due to fantasy of perfection, in which case some people will pay to satisfy... not a who's who connection lah... especially with err... Facebook. Ha...

What explains most lfs selling rd instead... is paradox of choice. U tend to pick one when u have more of the same to choose from... when ur choices are narrower.

Fantasy of perfection... coupled with paradox of choice... makes keeping FH as a hobby quite difficult.

U wan FH keeping to bloom? The answer lies somewhere in between.
BubbleBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #73
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

I should say the answer lies somewhere in managing expectations between all stake holders. Sounded corporate... but u get the jizz.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #74
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

Err... wrong. I should say the answer lies in understanding these 2 human phenomenons.

See... FH so complicated. Ha...
Old 01-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #75
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBubble View Post
Err... wrong. I should say the answer lies in understanding these 2 human phenomenons.

See... FH so complicated. Ha...
haha...many will be scare away by your descriptions....
Old 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #76
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

Default Where to buy nice flowerhorns

U think so?... Haha... I think otherwise. When everybody knows what they are suppose to be looking for then, everybody tends to benefit.

Example. FH Breeders looking for a particular trait to develop, constantly reminding themselves they will never achieve perfection and yet narrowing down the choices people will have to make getting a FH. That's one.

2. All buyers wan perfect FH, me too. There's no such thing. FH with a good body conformation with less pearl and colour coverage, and then it will grow big and healthy, putting on more muscular curvature, strong fins, no good? A young FH with all the bells and whistles... will never grow big and healthy... or grow up conforming to something other than what u have in mind... 1 year up lorry... or good for only one comp... good? Instead of looking for perfection complicated by choices... pick one up somehow somewhere and yes... look for good conformation and the potential to grow big and healthy. That's just basics and people tend to be clouded with blinded pursuits. Know this and any keeper will have better success.

Your response to Hedut is oversimplified... superficial at best... and yet broad sweeping. It would be what many others would tend to believe too... and will lead us no where near having more people keep FH.

Last edited by BubbleBubble; 01-12-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #77
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

Arr... it's time to bring out that video again. Ha... tis is how we buy fh.

Not exactly comp grade persay... just good fun good company... critiquing fh as we go along.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:46 PM   #78
Hedut
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
Bro...agree that keeping and groom is important....

but to start with, to get a good fish is difficult in local context.....I felt that it is a who's who connection in local market, and this could be a bottleneck for competition FH to be in the mass market.....

Maybe this explain why most LFS still selling RD instead...
As simple to said is do ur home work before buy top comp fish, for my self I never said I'm pro, I also still many need to improve. Just tips see as many as you can to FH comp see all those winner fish why they win and for what reason. Took me at least 2 yrs to get skill what have now. Don't be shy ask people, like others said " flowerhorn never die" meaning always new strain every day 😉, good luck.
Hedut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #79
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedut View Post
As simple to said is do ur home work before buy top comp fish, for my self I never said I'm pro, I also still many need to improve. Just tips see as many as you can to FH comp see all those winner fish why they win and for what reason. Took me at least 2 yrs to get skill what have now. Don't be shy ask people, like others said " flowerhorn never die" meaning always new strain every day 😉, good luck.
Bro...thanks for sharing...
comp site is always a great place for gathering!
Old 03-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #80
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

For whatever reason...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by BubbleBubble; 03-12-2015 at 03:18 PM.