Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 26-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #21
Gordy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren_hao View Post
I think my covers are already quite thick, 6mm or more i think.
Higher water level reaching glass cover will decrease the jump power? I thought we should maintain a little more gap? The more gap the less power the the fish actually reach the glass?
It's something like the full force is not reached until it travel to a certain distance. Sorry I'm not very good at the technical or scientific terms but like when a rocket takes off, it's full speed is not reached until it hits the earth atmosphere or beyond, sometime like that.

Just from my own experience from my own arowana, their power of jump is only from out of the water while still in water their force os greatly reduced by the obstruction of water.

Haha I don't know what ime talking about already someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #22
aromike
Arofanatic

Hi bro, I totally agree to place glass to cover the tank. I had friend aro jumped out.
aromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #23
EamesAro
Arofanatic

The power of the jump is when the body thrust out of the water towards the back of the tail. It was noted that the last flick is the most powerful. So if the gap of water level to the glass is only few inches, the only power it has is only upper portion of the head area only.
Something like this which I read before too. Best to customise glass cover. Mine is only 5mm glass 5 ft tank break to 3 pc. So far my red is already big size and the hardest it ever jumped is hitting the glass with loud bang. No breakage whatsoever.
EamesAro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #24
aromike
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EamesAro View Post
The power of the jump is when the body thrust out of the water towards the back of the tail. It was noted that the last flick is the most powerful. So if the gap of water level to the glass is only few inches, the only power it has is only upper portion of the head area only.
Something like this which I read before too. Best to customise glass cover. Mine is only 5mm glass 5 ft tank break to 3 pc. So far my red is already big size and the hardest it ever jumped is hitting the glass with loud bang. No breakage whatsoever.
Just my two cents. Prevention is better than sorry.
aromike is offline   Reply With Quote