Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #31
smellyfish
Dragon

just looking at face alone, i like desmond's face more leh. any fortune teller here?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #32
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
just looking at face alone, i like desmond's face more leh. any fortune teller here?
i am not fortune teller, but to me he looks like a normal person you see on the street. the way he dress tells me his main strong point is sales. which means a glib tongue.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #33
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Let's put it this way.... I dun know Desmond, he may be a humble, down to earth, caring, responsible, fantastic blah blah kind of guy (I said may only...)

But his hands are tied when government policies are involved. No matter what he is powerless and useless in that situation...

What does the residents of hougang want? Someone to be able to give them abalone porridge or someone able to hold the government accountable?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #34
smellyfish
Dragon

at least for local area, PAP will give you upgradings, beautification, build this and that. I dunno, maybe the HG residents can pop by PP and take a look.

there are already 5 WP members in parliament, so maybe they can take a break after 20 years of missing out all those things to put an opposition member in parliament for us...
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
.Hack
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
With internet...this kind of media controlled measures are unlikely to work anymore...
There are still alot of people who have only the mainstream media to rely on to get news.
This is where our "controlled media" works at it's best.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #36
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
at least for local area, PAP will give you upgradings, beautification, build this and that. I dunno, maybe the HG residents can pop by PP and take a look.

there are already 5 WP members in parliament, so maybe they can take a break after 20 years of missing out all those things to put an opposition member in parliament for us...
That is where I cannot agree. Put it this way, upgrading is using public funds, not PAP's money but country's money. So every citizen has the rights to equal treatment.

Take family for example. If you have 2 childrens, 1 obeys you, the other just seems to listen less. Does it mean, you will give everything to the 1 obedient one and let e other one fade away? No! Not in my view. The one that is less obedient, shd be shown why he is just as important, and than he may just start to be obedient.

So by using upgrading as a carrot, is like telling those in Hougang, you are a lesser Singaporean. You are lowly and doesn't deserve the attention. Simply put, you are not part of Singapore.

Lastly, gov had said, all flats will be upgraded by 2014.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #37
gavin tan
Dragon

Hougang must not fall if not like potong pasir will most likely be merged into holland or jurong GRC by next ge...sucks like struck by lightning
Old 12-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #38
gavin tan
Dragon

[QUOTE=smellyfish;8992343]at least for local area, PAP will give you upgradings, beautification, build this and that. I dunno, maybe the HG residents can pop by PP and take a look.

Bro seriously I only saw cashcard parking gantries erected
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #39
hkh
Arofanatic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
Let's put it this way.... I dun know Desmond, he may be a humble, down to earth, caring, responsible, fantastic blah blah kind of guy (I said may only...)

But his hands are tied when government policies are involved. No matter what he is powerless and useless in that situation...

What does the residents of hougang want? Someone to be able to give them abalone porridge or someone able to hold the government accountable?
I really hope Hougang voters are wise not to be swayed by promises of PAP's goodies..... Desmond can promises everything cos' he is supported by the Garment.....
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #40
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Desmond can promises everything cos' he is supported by the Garment.....
It is sad that the promises are actually, Hougang SMC residents' ENTITLEMENTS as fellow citizens, but will be 'robbed' off them if they choose an alternative party, which they probably believe is to be a check and balance on the government.

The lower the ruling gov scoop, the more dissent there will be. But if they are charismatic, more pple will start to respect them.
Closed Thread