Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 13-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #11
Pikapig
Dragon

Oh yah i oso didnt realli hide the rainbar...haha...i know my tank didnt cover alot of things that shld be covered!! haha....wait till i change a new tank WO scratches!!! ...which i don know when...so now..just mantain it
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #12
Pikapig
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique View Post
don't worry bro, your other 2 big ones are really beautiful!
its 2 years going 3 yrs old le...been w me since vv long ago....but cant grow any bigger due to the constraint of my tank..as well as stop feeding bh since 1 yr ago...now feeding on tetra bits..

thanks for ur comment.
Old 13-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
Patrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapig View Post
its 2 years going 3 yrs old le...been w me since vv long ago....but cant grow any bigger due to the constraint of my tank..as well as stop feeding bh since 1 yr ago...now feeding on tetra bits..

thanks for ur comment.
it's ok la bro... they look pretty big already... anyway now since they're in a beautiful planted tank, then i think tetra bits seems like the best option for you! less messy and easier to maintain..
Old 13-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:

Nice planted setup with very clear water . An evidence of great passion on the part of he hibbyist . Must have put in alot of time and effort . Congrats bro !
CrazyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #15
Pikapig
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFish View Post
Nice planted setup with very clear water . An evidence of great passion on the part of he hibbyist . Must have put in alot of time and effort . Congrats bro !
thanks bro for your comment...ermm as a low tech, i often encounter the issues with either my background plant growing taller and taller and botak at the bottom part...which i believe is due to insufficient lightings as in the past, i tend to switch on 3 to 4 hrs a day...

or either i on my lightings for 6 hours and ended up with algae in my tank..so far, this is the onli success for me to mantain at this length of period w no problem....(touch wood)
Old 13-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #16
Pikapig
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique View Post
it's ok la bro... they look pretty big already... anyway now since they're in a beautiful planted tank, then i think tetra bits seems like the best option for you! less messy and easier to maintain..
ur melon looks nice too =)
Old 13-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #17
KawaiiBoy
Dragon

Nice tank man Jackson. Haha. Maybe next time if I have spare time and patience then learn from you.
KawaiiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #18
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
thanks bro for your comment...ermm as a low tech, i often encounter the issues with either my background plant growing taller and taller and botak at the bottom part...which i believe is due to insufficient lightings as in the past, i tend to switch on 3 to 4 hrs a day...

or either i on my lightings for 6 hours and ended up with algae in my tank..so far, this is the onli success for me to mantain at this length of period w no problem....(touch wood)
I used to have DW tied witH leaves in my tiger comm , But the leaves took less than 2 weeks to turn brown .... I kept changing and changing until one day the LFS ncle told me that lighting is very important if you wanna keep water plants . From then on , I did not dare switch off my lights , and true enough , those leaves remain green green even after 2 months .
CrazyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #19
Patrique

Quote:
ur melon looks nice too =)
haha thanks bro

but might need to clear it to make way for my 2 new pairs...
Old 14-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #20
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

wow! i like.. very shrimp tank feeling!! niceee

your discus compliment the lush green color! if only it was a bigger tank it would show off your 2 discus more!

great !

would recommend you to place black oyama for both of the tanks ! confirm + chop will be super sweeeee
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote