Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 10-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
JadeIceGreen

It would be better if you trim your plants a bit, this will encourage new growth and show off more spaces in your tank.

I must applaud you for the wonderful condition that your plants are kept in. Very good and strong green growth everywhere, mind sharing your specific setup stats?

And I like the nanas as they are, if you change to petite nanas, you may be in danger of losing the midground. They are currently doing an excellent job in anchoring the midground and creating a distinction between the foreground and background plants.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #12
arogab

Thanks Bros for all the nice comments, i'm now not in SG, so rather busy with my schedule in this remote China......ulu place....

Plants I have

1. Riccia at the top.
2. Aponegetan - hidden liao, can only see a few strands of leaves
3. Anubias - i had the small one in the smaller tank, but i just like the big ones to be more obvious.
4. Dwarf Java ferns
5. Twisted Valisneria
6. Pearl Grass - grows all over like mad
7. The red leaves....should be rotala....yet to identify.
8. a few more i cannot identify.

Got my Chinese colleague...teach him and get him to take care cos weekly cut out a lot of the plants....growing too fast.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #13
arogab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
What cory eggs you have there? what are the fauna in the tank? Bro Wind.Feng is right, you should change the nanas to the petite ones which will look even better!

I got a few albino cories in the smaller tanks and saw them dancing 2 days ago....then found some 80 eggs around, so i decide to cut 10 out. The small tanks have some eaten and i kept the biddest bunch crowded with more grass so they are not eaten.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
arogab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
It would be better if you trim your plants a bit, this will encourage new growth and show off more spaces in your tank.

I must applaud you for the wonderful condition that your plants are kept in. Very good and strong green growth everywhere, mind sharing your specific setup stats?

And I like the nanas as they are, if you change to petite nanas, you may be in danger of losing the midground. They are currently doing an excellent job in anchoring the midground and creating a distinction between the foreground and background plants.
Thanks Bro for the advice..........anyway it is too late to change as the roots are all anchored to the wood behind.....
Old 28-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #15
mel81

looks wild.. lots of hiding place among the place.. but too many plant will the CO2 level shot up at night?