Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 23-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Default Full Gold and Golden Base Xback

I was reading the Arowana Legend Part 3 and came across 1 article on Xian Leng Farm which stated that thay have Full Gold Malaysian Golden and Golden Base Malaysian Golden.

Any bro can enlighten me on the differences between Full Gold Malaysian Golden and Golden Base Malaysian Golden?

Thank you.
Old 23-02-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
fong
Dragon

full gold = the gold covers every inches of the body but may not necessary cover the upper head region.

gold base = the scale base color reference only. the gold may not cover all the way to the 6th level...

but a full gold aro has to be gold based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert
I was reading the Arowana Legend Part 3 and came across 1 article on Xian Leng Farm which stated that thay have Full Gold Malaysian Golden and Golden Base Malaysian Golden.

Any bro can enlighten me on the differences between Full Gold Malaysian Golden and Golden Base Malaysian Golden?

Thank you.
Old 23-02-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
kenboy08

Full gold = Super thick frame gold bar? aka. Pahang Gold??

Gold Based = Possible thin or medium frame with gold base?

Old 23-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #4
fong
Dragon

full gold = base color and frame color the same color = gold color.
Full = Fully cover in gold color like gold bar in tank. To be swimming like gold bAr of course the top part has to be gold and cannot be dark color. The head part may or may not be fully gold.

So to be full gold it has to be gold based. Be it thick or thin frame... base color has to be gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenboy08
Full gold = Super thick frame gold bar? aka. Pahang Gold??

Gold Based = Possible thin or medium frame with gold base?
Old 23-02-2005, 03:09 AM   #5
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong

So to be full gold it has to be gold based. Be it thick or thin frame... base color has to be gold.
not necessary lah...full gold XB can be blue based when young with very thick framed...as they grow...their based gradually over shadowed by their thick framed. These aro when young usually dun have a dark top....and their blue based is not very deep.

Gold based on the other hand is quite straight forward....no based...these aros when young is rather unattractive.
Old 23-02-2005, 04:46 AM   #6
john2gs

hopefully some AF bro/sis....will be kind enough to post both pic of a gold base XB and a full gold ....so newbies like me will be able to see the difference

Old 23-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
not necessary lah...full gold XB can be blue based when young with very thick framed...as they grow...their based gradually over shadowed by their thick framed. These aro when young usually dun have a dark top....and their blue based is not very deep.

Gold based on the other hand is quite straight forward....no based...these aros when young is rather unattractive.
Then is King Kong Pahang Gold or DFI Pahang Gold considered Full Gold or Gold based?

Last edited by R0bert; 23-02-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 23-02-2005, 12:39 PM   #8
fong
Dragon

Bro Vic,

When ppl say this young fish is a full gold meaning this fish when grow up will become a full gold arowana. So my definition is the eventual base color and core color is the same, which is gold color. The base color of the young fish is unlikely deep color but may or may not be gold then.

When ppl say this young fish is a gold based xback meaning this fish when grow up will become a gold based arowana. So my definition is the eventual base color which is gold color. The young fish can have blue base, purple base etc then.

But all Cross Backs have rim and base color separation. No such thing as no base color. Else, if you say "gold base" xback has no color base, then in the first place why ppl use Gold as an adjective to the base? Gold desribes the base. So there is a base and the color of the base is gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic

Old 23-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #9
kimkuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
Bro Vic,

What do u mean by unattractive? meaning the whole fish pale pale no colour?

Old 23-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #10
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert
Where u get tt VCD by XL? Did it shoe the 2 xb which I hv mentioned?
They shot a few XBs very impressive esp the blue base,however they only show their adult gold base but very fast cant see clearly.They also have some very good Blue base Red like the one we see in UNO.