Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 02-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #31
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Recommended for my 6ft tank is the Certizon Model 100 which is retail for $420, before discount from dealers, and I am collecting the unit tomoro afternoon ...

However, Sander's agent does not carry the Redoxpotential meter and may have to source for another brand locally or purchase it from online store.
That was a good price.
Old 26-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #32
monsterz1975

I find that install a airpump to the ozone inlet make it better and place it direct into the sump with and air stone. After i done this i find that my fish is starting to recover from the bad ICH.
Old 26-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #33
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
I find that install a airpump to the ozone inlet make it better and place it direct into the sump with and air stone. After i done this i find that my fish is starting to recover from the bad ICH.
that was my initial intention , if i shld get a Ozonizer to pump it into the sump straight with airstone...cos my skimmer is a taiwanese brand Macro and i doubt it is ozone safe.
Anyway , any idea whether there is any health concerns with using ozone? Like breathing in O3 while viewing tank? That is my family's concern before i can hit for one.
Old 26-03-2005, 02:46 AM   #34
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
that was my initial intention , if i shld get a Ozonizer to pump it into the sump straight with airstone...cos my skimmer is a taiwanese brand Macro and i doubt it is ozone safe.
Anyway , any idea whether there is any health concerns with using ozone? Like breathing in O3 while viewing tank? That is my family's concern before i can hit for one.
Heard from people if u can smell ozone direct from ur tank or sump is no good for health and that mean u have over dose on ur ozone. For my case i can't smell it from the main tank but in the sump.
Old 26-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #35
nim75sg

Quote:
This is what I plan to use for the new tank and with your confirmation then full throttle liao
Old 26-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #36
nim75sg

Quote:
Heard from people if u can smell ozone direct from ur tank or sump is no good for health and that mean u have over dose on ur ozone. For my case i can't smell it from the main tank but in the sump.
Maybe try reducing the ozone dosage may helps ... let us know.
Old 26-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #37
monsterz1975

Quote:
Maybe try reducing the ozone dosage may helps ... let us know.
When i reduced it by 1/4 no more smell of ozone.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #38
slcw

Quote:

what do u mean, with ozonier, fish healtier? less ich?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #39
nim75sg

Using Ozoniser is another method of sterilization or purification of water just like using UV.

However UV uses a certain wavelength within the light spectrum whereas Ozone is a very reactive form of oxygen that can destroy an enormous variety of liquid waste materials and toxins.

In the aquarium, it just offers a simple and highly effective method of maintaining a clean and stable environment for corals and LS.

In almost the same fashion .. the Skimmer somehow increases its efficiency too!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #40
monsterz1975

Quote:
Using Ozoniser is another method of sterilization or purification of water just like using UV.

However UV uses a certain wavelength within the light spectrum whereas Ozone is a very reactive form of oxygen that can destroy an enormous variety of liquid waste materials and toxins.

In the aquarium, it just offers a simple and highly effective method of maintaining a clean and stable environment for corals and LS.

In almost the same fashion .. the Skimmer somehow increases its efficiency too!
Ken had given all the ans .