Old 03-06-2019, 09:48 PM   #41
NI KI
Arofanatic

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #42
NI KI
Arofanatic

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #43
NI KI
Arofanatic

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #44
NI KI
Arofanatic

Steven Gerrard on Jordan Henderson: "When Jordan lifted the trophy above his head, my first feeling was one of pride."

“Proud that Liverpool were back at the top of European football and especially proud of Jordan because I know how hard he works. I know the sacrifices he has made, the pressure and scrutiny he has been under."

“If I had to name someone I regarded as the ultimate professional, Jordan would be right at the top of the list. He is immaculate in the way he lives his life. Some people don’t see the stuff behind the scenes, the gym work, the way he eats, but he is someone who is an incredible role model."

“He is selfless. He is someone who puts himself at the back of the queue because he looks after everyone else first. He puts Jordan Henderson last.”

Old 04-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #45
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 04-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #46
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool set to offer Jurgen Klopp new contract after Champions League final win

Liverpool are hoping that Jurgen Klopp will put pen to paper this summer on a new contract to extend his stay at Anfield beyond 2022.

Owners Fenway Sports Group are keen to reward the German coach, who led the Reds to Champions League glory in Madrid on Saturday night.

Klopp has three years remaining on a deal worth around £7million per year but the club's American owners want him to stay and build a dynasty.

Around 750,000 fans descended on Liverpool city centre to show their appreciation to Klopp during Sunday's homecoming parade. The turnout was so huge that the team coach took four hours to travel the eight-mile route.

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner said: “When the players threw Jurgen in the air after our victory, they were acknowledging what all Liverpool fans know — he is beloved by all who appreciate football.

“Jurgen is a brilliant coach, but just as importantly he is a humble and caring man.”

Werner told the ECHO in the build up to Sunday's final that Klopp's stock is so high that he should remain manager for “as long as he likes”.

“I think you know that we think the world of him. We have already extended his contract once,” he said.

“All I can say is that it's obviously important that he stays for as long as he likes. We believe that he's committed to Liverpool.”
Old 05-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #47
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default LFC thank Sturridge and Moreno for Reds contributions

Liverpool Football Club has today thanked Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno for their outstanding contributions to the club and wishes them all the very best for the future.

The pair are set to leave the Reds this summer upon the expiry of their current contracts - and Jürgen Klopp has placed on record his gratitude for the roles they’ve played since arriving at Anfield.

Sturridge moved to Merseyside from Chelsea in January 2013 and established himself of one of the finest goalscorers in the game, ultimately netting 67 times in 160 appearances for Liverpool.

Moreno, meanwhile, was signed from Sevilla in August 2014 and has represented the Reds on 141 occasions, with three goals to his name.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “The most important words to say to these two remarkable players is ‘thank you’.

“They were here when I arrived as manager and during that period they - as much as anyone - helped to establish us as a team that would be heading in the right direction. Without them we wouldn’t be the team and club we are in this moment.

“Alberto is a person whose personality is reflected in how he plays. Full of life, full of energy, always positive. An unbelievable character who is always willing to give all of himself for the team.

“I know this season, and the end of the last, maybe the minutes on the pitch he would have wanted and deserved were not there, but his contribution did not diminish. How he was in training kept the entire group on their toes. Albie is world-class and I know he will be back in the Spain national team in the not too distant future.

“Daniel has earned the right to be considered a modern-day Liverpool great, I would think. He came to the club while we were trying to rebuild and re-establish ourselves. Some of the goals he has scored for Liverpool were so, so, so important.

“He is one of the best finishers I have ever seen in my life. He scores goals you think could and should not be possible.

“Again, like many players in my squad, Daniel has had to be patient and contribute when asked during games, but even this season he has played a vital role.

“What maybe is missed on the outside of the club by many is what a great leader Daniel is in our dressing room. He is smart, confident and not afraid to speak up when he thinks there is something that needs adapting to help the team. He has been great with many of the younger players also, so he has been so important to our progression here.

“I wish both players nothing but success and joy wherever their journey takes them next. Whoever has them next will be so lucky to have these outstanding personalities in their ranks.

“We will miss them of course, but we can say farewell with the best words possible: Guys, you leave as European Champions.”

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Daniel and Alberto all the very best for their futures. They will always be a part of the LFC Family.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:11 PM   #48
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 06-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #49
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Daniel Sturridge sends emotional open letter to Liverpool fans after exit confirmed

Daniel Sturridge has posted an emotional farewell message after his Liverpool departure was confirmed.

Sturridge will bring a six-and-a-half-year stay to a close by leaving when his contract expires at the end of the month.

The striker made 27 appearances this season and was on the bench for Saturday's Champions League final win over Tottenham Hotspur in Madrid.

The 29-year-old was given a glowing reference from Jurgen Klopp when his imminent exit was made public on Tuesday evening.

And now Sturridge has posted a message on Facebook in tribute to Liverpool's supporters and colleagues on the playing and coaching staff.

"What can I say... It’s been one hell of a ride at this beautiful club," he said. "We were together for seven seasons and took a lil break in between.

"We had a lot of high and lows together but through it all remained together knowing that one day we’d have to break up. That time is now...

"I wanna say to the fans I love y’all. You made me feel so welcome and embraced me with open arms. The Sturridge dance became famous at Anfield and I’ll never forget the first time I did it in front of the Kop.

"To my team-mates old and new, thank you for the memories - the banter was unreal. You all played a part in making me the man I am today. This isn’t a goodbye cause Lord knows we’ll stay in touch no matter where I am so speak soon.

"To the current group of players just letting you know that Sturr crazy sauces will still be available next season so don’t stress yourselves out the lucky sauce will be back.

"To the coaching staff thank you for everything pushing me to my limits in every aspect to become the best I can be - that goes for both old and new. Special shoutout to the managers Jurgen and Brendan for guiding my steps and helping me be the best I can be."

Sturridge's time at Anfield was hampered by a succession of injuries - he made 160 appearances while scoring 67 goals - but was in the matchday squad for all bar four games this season.

And he has paid particular tribute to the Liverpool medical team that helped him recover and return to fitness.

"The fitness and medical department. Thank you for being on point through the lowest moments but also the highs. Your time and effort for not just me and the lads has been appreciated.

"I’m grateful I got to thank you all in person outside of social media. Special mention to Chris Rohrbeck for his work all season. Paul Small “Smally” you’ve been there with me from the beginning to the end and at England national team. Nothing but love and respect for you. Lastly Andy Massey you went above and beyond so thank you so much.

"Kitchen staff and everyone at Melwood. Thank you for all the hours you put in behind the scenes to make sure I was taken care of along with the players. Special shoutout to my other mothers Caroline and Carol. You both are absolute legends! Lee and Graham thanks making life easier from boots to gear, top men!

"Ray, Jane, Rachael and Louise. I’ll miss you guys just know I’m forever grateful to you for everything you did for me."

Sturridge added: "To FSG you guys have done everything in your power to ensure the club has gotten back to the top and it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you.

"Special mention for Mike Gordon who was more than just one of the owners but a mentor who has given me advice in and out of football. Tom Werner you’re an absolute boss and I’m still waiting on my cameo in a movie! John W Henry thank you so much for being incredible with me through my tenure at Liverpool.

"Lastly Mike Edwards who was a big part in recruiting me to the club. Had some great banter with you over the years.

"I’m so happy I was a part of the club's sixth Champions League win because all the fans have deserved it for all the support they’ve given me and club during my tenure. I wish you all the best in the future and more success for the club.

"Like I’ve always said it’s #redordead . Thank you for the memories. Much love, Daniel."
Old 06-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #50
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Lionel Messi reveals he is taunted by his own son who tells him 'I'm Liverpool'

Lionel Messi has revealed that he now gets taunted by his son who declares to him: “I'm Liverpool” when they play football together.

The Barcelona and Argentina legend is considered by many to be the greatest footballer of all-time but his last month's 4-0 drubbing at Anfield in the Champions League semi-final is already haunting him.

A double strike from Messi in the first leg at the Camp Nou following a goal from Reds old boy Luis Suarez had given the Catalan giants a 3-0 lead for the return match but they crumbled on Merseyside in an emotionally-charged atmosphere in front of the Kop.

One-club man Messi, 31, who has netted 603 times for Barca in 687 outings, has three sons – Thiago (born 2012); Mateo (born 2015) and Ciro (born 2018) but reveals that his middle boy is an incredible wind-up merchant who uses Jurgen Klopp's side to goad his own father during family kickabouts.

Messi told TyCSports: “We played at home, and last time, we kicked it about, he would tell me, ‘I’m Liverpool , who beat you. You are Barça, and I’m Liverpool.’”

It doesn't stop there though. The cheeky three-year-old has apparently used a similar trick with the name of Rafa Benitez's old club Valencia who defeated Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final to deny the La Liga champions a domestic double this season.

And despite Messi having steered Barca to some 10 domestic titles; six domestic cups; four Champions Leagues and three FIFA Club World Cups, the contrary youngster is also known to cheer on their bitter rivals.

Messi, who claims to have no idea where the antics come from, added: “He’s watching TV and he screams goal for Real Madrid.

“He does it on purpose against his brother. Everyone watching Madrid, they score, Thiago gets angry, and Mateo goes ‘goaaaal for Madrid!’”