Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 12-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #21
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
BTW TS....are you a spokesman or importing the AC for others? Reason I ask is because you have taken a lot effort in promoting this product. If your sole reason is to warn/educate/share your experiences with no other agenda/s, then I do applaud all your efforts.....'if there's something good and cheap....must well tell everybody about it right?"
Hi bro, I am not the distributor nor I hv share in the company. As mentioned, I had asked this distributor to hunt for me a new AC, he had done his job well & honestly we had became gd friend after this. So I dont kn gd friend can be considered "spokesman"? Hope not lah

Due to my knowledge in rays, many hobbyists with problems regards to rays may seek my advise & sometimes I spend like a few days helping them to solve their issue although these rays r not fr me. I may even pay them a visit if time permit. To many, I believed it may had gone beyond logic but this the way I do thing. Wan do, do properly, dont wan do then don touch.

Is this a gd pdt, not I said liao cfm lah. Further, if not a gd pdt I also wont dare to intro to u guys putting my own rep on the line. The pdt will prove itself & lets us just leave it to show its potential as long we put in effort to educate hobbyist how to use it properly.

Honestly, I had recommended this AC to some hobbyist like, Mr Lingam, Josh, Nevin, Shalabin, etc, their feedbacks were gd so I decided to start this thread. I believed as long as is gd pdt, don con pple & give gd after sales svcs, hoped these r not considered having hidden agenda. V hard to pls everyone & I will just do wat I felt is right & be happy can liao. If one wan to think other wise, then let the pdt prove itself which is most fair.

BTW I had also did write up on API Melafix and Pimafix.

Last edited by Tay; 13-04-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 12:48 AM   #22
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
May I ask if the said product binds ammonia or removes ammonia as claimed?

Many of the AC in the market are no longer Sodium Thiosulfate based. That statement may have been true 10yrs ago but probably not now in 2015.
Hi bro, I may not be v technical in this aspect & hoped tat my info given is correct. B4 & after this AC is located, I had done lots of reseach on AC & printed out a stack of notes on AC in the mkt. As such I am loaded with info & excited to shared but this info offload may resulted in adverse effect as some may think tat I over do on this pdt with hidden agenda. Headache la
I also dont wan put these info to waste so I will just shoot.

Based on the info I gathered fr US sites, one wld be surprised that many AC still used Sodium Thiosulfate as base & also sodium Hydrosulfite which are basically sulfur base. I do not wish to point out which AC uses wat as is really none of my concern & is extremely sensitive. If one wish to kn, just google .

Regards to ammonia, in US context, I believe their regulations r v strict regards to their claims. Based on the chemical equation of AST, it does remove ammonia. And since FDA approve, I believe that FDA had verified this technical aspect. As for myself, simple, just look at the rays. If they pant during WC, then..... u kn la. So no issue on this at all as long AC is applied properly.
Old 13-04-2015, 01:36 AM   #23
Tay
Dragon

BTW folks, I had also printed out stacks of info on filtration system, bb, DO, fish food (pellets), medications, water chemistry esp soft, hard water, etc all for the sake of my rays & to give proper advise to fellow hobbyists . I can offload tons of info anytime, so pls don view all these info on AC as over doing. Honestly fish keeping is not so simple as most of us think it is. Why sulfur based AC cannot be use for food fish while non sulfur base can, I only realised this after I did my research. If u love ur fishes, don take things for granted lor. I paid heavily for my mistakes last time cos lazy to do research as rays dont wait for u to rectify problem. They just say bye bye.

Ok enuf for the night, will reply to any queries if any when I am free. Thks and cheers
Old 13-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #24
mrnyunus
Dragon

Thumbs up Ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
Yes.. Accidentally OD I understand.. But accidentally OD over 10x is beyond accident.. It's stupidity.. Likewise not trusting the recommended dosage and doing OD of over 10x is paranoia at play. Basic common sense would tell you it's courting problems to OD.. I pity the fishes of these owners.
I agree in this comment as some mostly newbies think more is good. Usually their pets end up dead..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
I don't keep rays so I've never have problems after switching to Prime for my cichlids. Before I switch to Prime, I was using the cheapest AC I can find in SG and because of my heavy WC (75%~85%), some of my tanganyikans/plecos couldn't take it. But after changing to using Prime, I rarely have problem anymore. So I'm more kiasu nowadays and would prefer to continue using Prime UNLESS a certain AC product is much cheaper and very highly recommended by my fellow friends/hobbyists, then I may consider switching due to costs savings.

Anyway, things may be different with rays...I'm not sure.

BTW TS....are you a spokesman or importing the AC for others? Reason I ask is because you have taken a lot effort in promoting this product. If your sole reason is to warn/educate/share your experiences with no other agenda/s, then I do applaud all your efforts.....'if there's something good and cheap....must well tell everybody about it right?"

Agree with you bud. Prime works for me.
I'm using Prime too..having used many other brands over the years for me Prime is money well spent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Hi Bro Canopy, yes I fully agreed with u that there r no best pdt in the mkt. There r always new invention & pdt innovation & improvement. As I had mentioned ealier in my thread :::: "I am not saying that those AC in sg mkt r no gd, they r gd but maybe cos I am v kiasu & particular abt my ray's health, so pls cont to use them if u r comfortable but consider changing if u realised something is not right"..... Ur statement also reminded me regards to filtration media, biohomme had always been the leader in the media mkt & many tot that there wont be any media which is comaparable or better, but now we have Marine Pure which I personally think is good. Just at the present moment, AST satisfied my requirements & of cos I will change without hestitation if there is better alternatives.

Personally, for water pump, aquarium electrical stuff, tank, etc, yes they need time to prove their reliability. However, for AC, it is not difficult for a seasoned hobbyist to realise its effectiveness. However, proper way to use an AC is also impt. If not, gd pdt also can become bad pdt.

Few pts to note when applying AC:
- Make sure tat there r high dissolved oxygen (DO) is ur tank which mean strong bubbles. During WC, DO may drop due to adding of AC & tap water. Temp also play a part in DO. Strong aeration also helps in circulating the AC ard the tank in preparation for destroying of chlorine & chloramine. If not, one may think tat this AC sucks as after application fishes starts to pant heavily.
- Pls apply AC b4 adding tap water & not after or during adding tap water into ur tank. Many may think that this is common sense, however, I had corrected more than 20 hobbyists regards to when AC is to be apply.
- AC in the bottle shld not be tainted by tap water or tank water at any pt of time. If not the effectiveness gone. So dont blame the AC if it is not properly handle.
- Do not expose ur AC to strong heat or sunlight.
- Some AC hv expiry while some do not depending on the formula. AST do not hv expiry.
- Calculate the appropriate amt to dose. AST only need dose based on amt of WC & not full tank. Some AC may cos issue if over dose but AST dont.
I agree to the notes stated. Many overlook.
A good read bros....
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #25
recaro7676
AFC Member

Hi, after intro by Tay about this AST and i bought 1gallon back n try, find it not bad cause i be wc twice a week, each wc dose the amount i change so far very good ph hold at 7.0-7.1 so far, using prime previously so will try on my other rays and aro tank.

I bring back my bd from tay for recondition, and added AST to my new tank, after awhile i intro my ray to the new tank so far so good eaten well after 3hours, so far till now very active.
recaro7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #26
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyunus View Post
I'm using Prime too..having used many other brands over the years for me Prime is money well spent...
I like to assure everyone that I am not here to challenge any established AC in our local mkt. I am here just to make intro on AST & its benefits. How gd it is, I will let the end user decide.

As mentioned earlier, pls con't to use ur present AC if u r comfortable, consider changing to AST when u felt something is not right. Honestly, a gd AC will give u a gd head start in keeping ur fishes healthy. I learned my lesson.

Further, all AST bottles r properly sealed in US b4 export. So all could be assured tat no "Hanky Panky" could be done along the distribution channel for personal gain. This have always been an issue I most wary of as I kana once b4 loosing ten of thousands worth of rays
Old 16-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #27
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

where sellg this AST?
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #28
shark
Dragon

hi Tay. do update us once this product available in LFS, if the price is compareable with the 4L prime, then I can consider switching.. although I have stop keeping ray... but I think good water condition is important for any fishes keeping hobby
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #29
albertlow
Arofanatic

Hi Tay, what is the dosage like? Example, 10ml treat how much water?
albertlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #30
chern
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertlow View Post
Hi Tay, what is the dosage like? Example, 10ml treat how much water?
Hi bro. It's 25ml for 200L. Amount dosed is based on how much water changed. Not full tank vol
chern is offline   Reply With Quote