Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 27-11-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
xiaomayi

redcross pls help my godlfish

Hi guys, hmmm I dont know my this post will u guys can help me. But if got ppl post b4 Im sorry cause I might not know what they trying to talk about the sickness of the fish.

Im a nob fish lover. Just start to keep fish not long ago. I got 2 tanks which is 3feet tank I keep goldfish. Most is big size lion head and peal goldfish and some bubble goldfish. What I encounter is my tanks always grow some white spot on the glass. Is not the goldfish lay eggs or something. Just very tiny small little white spot. [If im not wrong they also moving >.< scary]. After awhile my tank which keeps peal gold fish and other goldfish out of sudden their body got tiny white spot. But before I notice and get some help from the net. Some of the fish cover up with the white tiny thing and end up dead. [I lost most of my fish]

So I use Japan yellow powder and try curing them. My big lion head is cure so now is fine. But my small goldfish is not feeling good. Their body white spot is remove but their tail and fins is like broken. [Other way say is the skin dropping out] They dont move like last time so lively, they dont eat and I see them like all stop aside.

I try a lot of way. Like change water, add more salt, higher the heater. I try but I dont see they are ok. Can all the brothers and sister of the fish lovers help me?

Thanks a lot. ^^
Old 27-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
huizhong

u got to SCRAP the tanks throughly. then drain the water out and leave the tanks dry for maybe 1 week(best put it under sunlight so all the worms will die).

if not u use those blue colour medicine and pour alot into ur tanks... leave it for a few days then all the tiny white worms will die. then u change 100% water lor. but before this u got to take out all ur gfs first leh. or else ur gf perish together with the worms.

hope this can help...
Old 27-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
dragonfly_sg

Default Re: pls help my godlfish

Quote:
Originally posted by xiaomayi
What I encounter is my tanks always grow some white spot on the glass. Is not the goldfish lay eggs or something. Just very tiny small little white spot. [If im not wrong they also moving >.< scary].
Those are tiny worms. They are around because the water is full of food for them. This is not a serious problem as they are generally not harmful to the fish, but in a big enough numbers they would be unsightly. The way to get rid of them is to keep water clean, change the filter media and not overfeed. There are some chemicals you can add into the water to get rid of them, but I can't recall the name at the moment. Maybe someone else can help.

Quote:
After awhile my tank which keeps peal gold fish and other goldfish out of sudden their body got tiny white spot. But before I notice and get some help from the net. Some of the fish cover up with the white tiny thing and end up dead. [I lost most of my fish]
So I use Japan yellow powder and try curing them.
The tiny spot on your goldfish are call white spots or Ich. If it happen again, go to any LFS and ask for medication for White Spot. I use Interpet Anti White Spot medication, do read up the internet on how to cure white spots. Usually you need to medicate the fish for some time to fully get rid of white spot, it does not means that the parasites are got once you don't see the white spot. You need to continue medication even when the white spots are gone. Yes, the white spots can kill your fish.

Search Yahoo for "white spots disease" and you will get all the info you need.

Quote:
So I use Japan yellow powder and try curing them. My big lion head is cure so now is fine. But my small goldfish is not feeling good. Their body white spot is remove but their tail and fins is like broken. [Other way say is the skin dropping out] They dont move like last time so lively, they dont eat and I see them like all stop aside.
This is another disease call Fin Rot, it's very common and it's usually due to unheathly environment or poor water quality. Same thing you can do. Go to the LFS and ask for medication for Fin Rot. I use Interpet Fin Rot Med. This one is easier to cure just add med and keep water clean and the fins will recover in no time.

In conclusion, all your problems you listed are all due to poor water quality. You sounds young, do you know how to maintain good water quality? If you don't, maybe I can recommend you some sites where you can read up on that.

By the way, you are also overfeeding your goldfish. Stick to one meal a day for awhile until all your fish recover.
Old 27-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #4
droidwork

bro, i nrecommend u to take all ur gf out and place in another tank.. Then scrape ur inside tank before draining all the water... Next, all warm water ( temperature about our tap water but not boiling water) into the tank... Thats how i cleared my tank but i also added a big pack of salt...
Old 27-11-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
xiaomayi

thanks alot for all of you ur info.I will do it asap.im not young im 23 fish not I keep my papa keep.I see him so sad and worries so I just ask around for help.But I got a bit keen on keeping that why I very sad and ganjion on searching help.q^^p thanks I give a try asap.

thanks MAUCK