Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-11-2003, 01:15 AM   #1
Jhansolo

Default Goldfish companion

I like to start on Goldfish ... I currently have small tetras and dwarf gourami in my tank. Can they live together? Will eventually move them into another tank when it is ready.
Old 15-11-2003, 01:57 AM   #2
dragonfly_sg

Default Re: Goldfish companion

Quote:
Originally posted by Jhansolo
I like to start on Goldfish ... I currently have small tetras and dwarf gourami in my tank. Can they live together? Will eventually move them into another tank when it is ready.
Nope, goldfish will eat your tetras if they can fit them in their mouth. I think goldfish doesn't have many suitable tankmates except the cory.
Old 15-11-2003, 10:15 AM   #3
Anthen
Dragon

Quote:
like to start on Goldfish ... I currently have small tetras and dwarf gourami in my tank. Can they live together? Will eventually move them into another tank when it is ready.
better stil, use goldfish alone in the tank is the best.. and no suckerfish too...
Anthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 06:45 PM   #4
dragonfly_sg

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthen
better stil, use goldfish alone in the tank is the best.. and no suckerfish too...
Yes. Pleco does suck out the eyes of goldfish if thay get the chance. Some even know to ride on Oranda and feed on this lionhead growth.
Old 16-11-2003, 01:55 AM   #5
huizhong

but my pelcos very is ok leh... never attack the goldfish.. i observed for about 3 months liaoz... still nothing happened...
Also my ranchu ate a corydorous and i saw the cory's tail hanging outside the ranchu's mouth. so i recomand u buy bigger cory.

DUN buy sucker fish cos it will attack the goldfish or mention by someone "riding at the back of ur goldfish@ . pelcos better
Old 16-11-2003, 02:18 AM   #6
miracleman

yap.. saw one of the pleco sucking the gf's eye once.. when my dad had a mixed tank.. i think best is gf mix with gf.. if u need to wait, then wait for ur tank to be ready.. then buy the gf lor.. in the meantime juz shop around.. pick out wat u like..
Old 16-11-2003, 03:35 AM   #7
Desolator

Default Re: Goldfish companion

Quote:
Originally posted by Jhansolo
Yr Tetra may be eaten, the gourami may kill yr gf! Last time my gf was killed by small honey gourami! The only gf safe fish is corydoras.
Old 16-11-2003, 03:36 AM   #8
Desolator

Quote:
Originally posted by huizhong
but my pelcos very is ok leh... never attack the goldfish.. i observed for about 3 months liaoz... still nothing happened...
Also my ranchu ate a corydorous and i saw the cory's tail hanging outside the ranchu's mouth. so i recomand u buy bigger cory.

DUN buy sucker fish cos it will attack the goldfish or mention by someone "riding at the back of ur goldfish@ . pelcos better
Plecos usually attack when the light is off!
Old 16-11-2003, 04:23 AM   #9
Spacewalker

Quote:
Originally posted by Desolator
Plecos usually attack when the light is off!
Or u not around at the tank....
Old 16-11-2003, 04:45 AM   #10
Desolator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacewalker
Or u not around at the tank....
U just can't trust them with yr gf.