Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 21-11-2003, 11:31 PM   #51
square_guy
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by arserulez
actually i think there are quite alot of ignorant pple out there...
i m a very gd example. if i didnt join the forum, i wld also be a blur cock, n dunno wat i am doing wrong... then ask the lfs uncle/auntie, most of them dunno wat's wrong or dun care...
anyway for them ur fishies die they also got more business mah...
there are in fact lotsa info on internet sites. there are also losta info in old threads. i have been reading thru thread from as early as this forum starts and they are just excellent. check them out and see wat u (and i) have missed.
square_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2003, 11:53 PM   #52
arserulez

Quote:
Originally posted by square_guy
there are in fact lotsa info on internet sites. there are also losta info in old threads. i have been reading thru thread from as early as this forum starts and they are just excellent. check them out and see wat u (and i) have missed.
wow bro.... u are a very patient person, not like me, such a lazy bum...

anyway tmr arsenal so many players suspended, xianz...u think can still win
Old 22-11-2003, 12:01 AM   #53
square_guy
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by arserulez
wow bro.... u are a very patient person, not like me, such a lazy bum...

anyway tmr arsenal so many players suspended, xianz...u think can still win
good things must go and find one.

gunners? they have been giving me heart attack frequently. of course i hope they win, but realistically a draw would be good
square_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2003, 12:26 AM   #54
sheringam
Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by miracleman
ummm... i guess so.. i think shld b alrite.. juz don't do wat i did, change water then never put salt and anti-chlorine.. fish die.. but once a mth.. mebbe a little long wait.. by then ur ammonia levels jialat already.. also juz try to move some of ur gf to another tank? cuz... really too many in one tank... and like that i think every few days hafta change alredy.. but also depends on how often u feed them.... the reason for such a big tank for bro dragonfly.. i think its cuz there's a 1fish per 10 gallon rule or something like that.. if u wan ur gf to grow big, then one factor is u muz give them space to swim... tk a pic and post la.. let us see..
I'm keeping 5 4.5 inches to 6 inches ranchu in a 36"x16"x20" (90% filled with water which is 44.95 gal). Average is 1 ranchu per 8.99 gal. Think is a bit overstock. Most of the time feed once per day, sometimes twice with hikari lionhead pellets. Started with green peas on wednesday.

Did 40% water change weekly. Tank fully cycled with nitrite 0 most of the time, but nitrate level always 25~50mg/l in less than a week. After 40% water change, nitrate level around 12.5mg/l.

Canister packed with 1L of EHFIMECH, 1300g of red bio-home, 1kg of coral chips. Recently just bought 1L of Seachem Matrix which can remove nitrate and best in canister. Crossing my fingers to see whether this product work in few weeks time and see a reduction in nitrate level.

The filtration system alone cost as much as my ranchu collection.
sheringam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2003, 02:28 AM   #55
dragonfly_sg

Default Nitrate

Quote:
Originally posted by sheringam
Recently just bought 1L of Seachem Matrix which can remove nitrate and best in canister. Crossing my fingers to see whether this product work in few weeks time and see a reduction in nitrate level.
I have been looking at this product for awhile now and I am abit sceptical of Seachem's claim, but if it does work then it's gonna be on my "MUST BUY" list , would be great if you can provide us with your findings.

Quote:
Originally posted by sheringam

The filtration system alone cost as much as my ranchu collection.
Yes, I know what you mean