Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 30-10-2003, 07:48 PM   #11
sUpErDeLtA

looks like false percula...
Old 30-10-2003, 10:39 PM   #12
Tanggy

Another mistake is putting a beautiful power brown into my tank with a establish power blue and yellow without rearranging the rock or taking out the tangs! May his soul rest in peace (Lasted 4 days of stalking and harassment) sob sob.......
Old 30-10-2003, 10:45 PM   #13
Tanggy

One last one. do not be impatience. QUARANTINE your new fish! or risk an outbreak of marine ich!! The power brown was so stress by the other tangs, come down with ich! caused a minor outbreak! And cost my lotsa time and effort to control. Lucky no other casualty. And all have recovered. phew....
Old 31-10-2003, 01:03 AM   #14
tigershark

I think most of us experience the problem of overloading the bioload in our tank.... I ever keep a 6" lionfish + 2 pcs of 4" clown in a 2'x1'x1' (12gallon) tank.... change water like nobody business every week untill use up the 2 packet of 3.3kg coralife salt within 1.5 months....... now 25 gallon tank only keep 2 small yellow tail demsel + 1 small clown.... somemore never seef them for months already, they'll feed on the algea + their own shit...
Old 31-10-2003, 04:24 AM   #15
deep_end

My personal worst before I opened the LFS was :

Introducing a couple of "cute" Majano anemones into my established tank, and within 3 months, had about 2000 of them Had to resort to a racoon butterfly to remove all of them, but it soon chewed up my brains as well

As an LFS owner, worst case was during the initial stages when I placed too much LR in my LR-holding tanks - insufficient water flow - total wipe out in 3 days - shop totally stank like crazy, not to mention the $$$ down the drain
Old 31-10-2003, 10:34 AM   #16
pisces134

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanggy
One last one. do not be impatience. QUARANTINE your new fish! or risk an outbreak of marine ich!! The power brown was so stress by the other tangs, come down with ich! caused a minor outbreak! And cost my lotsa time and effort to control. Lucky no other casualty. And all have recovered. phew....
Some pp are against quarantine fishes as it further stress them.
But for your case, since the PBrT got ich due to stress from your other 2 Tangs even you Q him,later you put to main tank will still kenna harassment from the existing Tangs, so no help.

I for one, always put new fishes straight into display tank, not too sure now should I Q them first. Btw how should a Q tank be, just plain or with LR, if with LR later want to catch damn difficult leh. tnks.
Old 31-10-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
sgstone

Quote:
Originally posted by swordtail
My biggest mistakes is "Lack of Patience."
I put fishes in 2 weeks time.
same loh,i think quite a no. of pp just cant stand seeing empty tanks.
Old 31-10-2003, 11:14 AM   #18
jc85

I for one do quarantine my fishes if I dun feel comfortable the place I bought them from. My QT basically only have a sponge filter and some PVC. The sponge is left in the main tank before transfered to my QT.

I also found that having QT is easlier to train your fishes to eating and get used to you.
Old 31-10-2003, 12:02 PM   #19
swordtail

Quote:
Originally posted by FireEel
let 2 Clownfish get eaten by an Anemone.

Picture of Anemone is in my gallery, pls pls pls help me Identify it.......
It's difficult to identify your anemone. The picture is not clear and it's better if you can take picture of the base. It's look like retteri or bubble tip.
The only anemone/mushroom that eat clown fish is the "Amplexidiscus fenestrafer" and it doesn't look like that.
swordtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2003, 12:58 PM   #20
kschew1498

Same problem! impatient, didnt read enough and start buying exotic fishes like tang, mardrian, spotted sweetlips, butterfly in my miserable 2 ft X 1.5 X 1 tank for only 1 month +

Was quite lucky when I bought 10kg of Live rock for a guy whose upgrading his tank. Pretty season already and without funny organism in the LR.

Now I have a school of different type of damsel, yellow tail, golden, 3 strip, black, black with blue strip, total 5 damsel each an inch long only and that's it, cannot add anymore fish, very sian. Must upgrade!!

Only recently started to test the water with test kit. Sign! then realise my mistake.........