Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 07-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #31
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Hi atom,

Great thread, you have there.

3 questions for you:
- what is the flowrate recommended?
- what is the high nitrate removal rate you have achieved and what is the typical nitrate removal rate for a setup?
- is deniball a must? or just good to have? Does it help to performance better?

Thank.
1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #32
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
good morning.
Hello, you are still awake?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:03 AM   #33
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.
Build me for 6 footer tank then bro
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 AM   #34
chamikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamikara View Post
Bro atom/tagore:
If one cant find deni balls, is there another alternative?
[QUOTE=atom;5545097]1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.[/QUOTE]

Got my answer bro atom, Thanks..
Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 AM   #35
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamikara View Post
Bro atom/tagore:
If one cant find deni balls, is there another alternative?
Some examples of organic carbon source are alcohols (such as methyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol), organic acids (such as acetic acid) or other similar organic substances including sugars.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #36
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Build me for 6 footer tank then bro
Alamak! You again! Let me construct and test out the latest addition before I dare to consider doing one for you.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #37
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Alamak! You again! Let me construct and test out the latest addition before I dare to consider doing one for you.
I will be waiting~
Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #38
atom

Quote:
I will be waiting~
Master Zen Koji, you really put me under pressure!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #39
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Master Zen Koji, you really put me under pressure!
hehehe~ Like your DIY ma. And I can be your test subject too
Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 AM   #40
atom

Quote:
hehehe~ Like your DIY ma. And I can be your test subject too
Ahhh lidat can consider liao but but but....you got expensive aro inside? If something goes wrong, I cannot afford to pay.