Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 27-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #21
Agusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichildae View Post
Nice front wit good shape n posture...

but jus curious rite now there are onli 2 pcs in the tank? any aggression prob from the bigger burundi (my guess its bigger ) whom once dominated the tank by itself?
Actually I got 1 burundi, 2 smaller Mblue(Recent buy), 1 small little tanga cat, 2 julienochromis Regani and a small Glass Knife Fish inside my tank now.

The burundi rules the whole tank haha... chasing the rest. But hope it can get along soonest. I have created quite a number of hiding rocks and Shells but seems that the 3 fronts like to hide together underneath the DW sometimes..even the 2 regani likes to squeeze in sometimes...dunno why got so many smaller caves left empty???

The nicer Mblue settling real fast, but the other one I dun think can make it as it was too timid. Even got chase by the smaller regani.

The more well behave are the tanga cat & the Glass Knife fish. Really fasinating watching both the Knife fish and cat swimming around.
Old 28-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #22
Orandaoranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta View Post
Thanks bro. Good to hear that from a "Lao Jiaow" I still remember those collection of yours, especially the big Mblue you got. That really spurs me into grooming a nice peice. I prefer to groom something from small around this size.
Haha bro, i am not any Lao Jiao la, just like you, love frontosa only. From what i know, front will grow from 4-5cm to 6 inches within 18mths if you house them in a big tank. Then their growth will only increase 0.5inches per year. I bgt mine 14 inches, did not keep them from young at all.
Best to keep a colony of Mpimbwe, or burundi. Dont mix! All 3 sided black oyama with black sand dont go well with mpimbwe. It only make them turn darker. I kept mine in 3 sided black oyama with mixure of black and coral sand, i am able to appreciate its powdery sky blue with black and white contrast. Hope this will help.
below: with black gravel, fish is darker.

below: with mix sand
Old 28-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #23
Agusta

hey Bro,

Thanks for your lethal injection! I'm now a bit mabo already haha.... today I got double dosage from you ohh..... Really nice Mblue and well taken photos!

Well thanks for your info on the growth rate for Fronts. So now I know once it reaches 6inches given a big tank, the growth rate will be 0.5 inch per year and that is really slow.. btw how much did you pay for the 14 inch?

I was thinking of giving up my burundi too as I'm starting to get alittle immune to burundi haha...but it has its class of his own. What about mixing Mblue with Kapamba & Moba or Tembwe? when keeping a colony. it has to be around the same size right or can I have a small 1 to 2 inch in the same tank to groom them?
Old 28-01-2010, 05:35 AM   #24
Orandaoranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta View Post
hey Bro,

Thanks for your lethal injection! I'm now a bit mabo already haha.... today I got double dosage from you ohh..... Really nice Mblue and well taken photos!

Well thanks for your info on the growth rate for Fronts. So now I know once it reaches 6inches given a big tank, the growth rate will be 0.5 inch per year and that is really slow.. btw how much did you pay for the 14 inch?
Bro, i paid 40blue notes for 3 wild male and 2 female. Size from 8-14inches.I was thinking of giving up my burundi too as I'm starting to get alittle immune to burundi haha...but it has its class of his own. What about mixing Mblue with Kapamba & Moba or Tembwe? when keeping a colony. it has to be around the same size right or can I have a small 1 to 2 inch in the same tank to groom them?
I kept my moba and kapampa with the mixture of size from 3inches to 10 inches. But mine did not fight due to numbers in the tank. But try not to mix mpimbwe, zaire are not as aggressive as the Mpimbwe if we are talking abt same size.