Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 27-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #51
Skipjackies

Quote:
Originally Posted by littar View Post
Guys, i hope you can help me out here. I notice my CL 280's LED display sometimes shows the word 'EI' or 'E1' instead of displaying temperature. I need to give the chiller a nice pat at the top before the display is back to normal - showing the temp.

What does 'EI' or 'E1' actually mean?

Thanks.
E1 most likely is with the Thermostat connection problem or other wiring. I have opened up the casing before trying to figure out the wiring where the internal thermostat wire lead to. When one wire was detached the error appeared on the display unit. Actually my idea was to remove the internal thermostat wiring and connect another thermostat remove from the digtal temp monitor. So that the thermostat sensor taking the temp in the tank not the chiller internal tank.

So far so good it work for me. Tested with a glass thermometer is quite accurate and the chiller kick in lesser.
Old 27-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #52
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1980 View Post
3 options you have here :

1) Call the agent for spare parts. May cost more. Contact will be available if you look through the internet. Search for the Manufacturer and local distributor.

2) Try "Aquarium Hardware shop" at Yishun (the one at HDB branch office building).

3) Try NA. The boss is such a good DIY person that he'll probably be able to help you solve it.
thanx to all bro i got the cap liao hehe
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #53
PLee

Grats ... how come you need a cap... the original one broke?