Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 24-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #31
the_r0ck

I thought the Eheim Ecco series has the priming functions? Or is the priming feature problematic? I had thought that for the Ecco series, you just move the handle down and the water will begin to prime till it is full. If the priming is not able to fill it to full, you can get it fixed if it is under warranty. A little air IMHO is fine. So long as there is no sound and vibrations from the impeller.

Anyway, the gunk coming out is due to your hoses. Clean them periodically when you clean your cannister. If you got the time clean the hoses fortnightly. Alot of stuff can get stuck on the internal hose walls
Old 24-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #32
swkoh79

I bought it at Petmart, I bring it back there? It is only a week plus old.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #33
cheetf
Dragon

Maybe you should run thru the instructions one more time before you go back to petmart. Just in case there's nothing wrong, otherwise trip will be wasted.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #34
swkoh79

Here is a pic of an Ecco. The thin layer of air is in the area I painted red and arrowed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ecco 2235.jpg (8.8 KB, 158 views)
Old 25-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #35
Leopard88

As few forumers suggested, you may want to try again. Petmart would probably suggest you do as suggested too.

Key point will be to ensure you pump water through the inlet hose inside the tank until you sure all air are forced out of the canister. It should not have air after this once pump is running, unless somehow/somewhere air gets sucked in which will mean leakage, which you did not observed any.
Old 25-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #36
cheetf
Dragon

Think a little bit of air inside the cannister should be okay. As long as it does not cause the impeller to rattle and that the amount of air does not increase it should not be a worrying sign.
Old 26-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #37
swkoh79

I have tried the methods some of you suggested, filling up fully, then covering it up with the water overflowing. Indeed, there is no air inside when I do this, but once I start the flow, somehow there is a bit of air inside, but the amount of air does not increase over time. How do I check where the leak is, if there is any.
Old 26-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #38
cheetf
Dragon

Have you checked with the bros who are running the same cannister if they have the same problems? Maybe the problem is inherent in all the 223X series.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #39
swkoh79

Hey Chee, guess what? I surfed the web last night, and found a discussion on this series. Yes, Indeed, all Eheim Ecco will somehow have a column of air after it starts running (with quite a few entries confirming the "phenomenon"). So if any of you are getting the 223X series, or Eccos, just bear this it in mind that it is not the problem of your particular cannister. Thanks everyone for trying to help!! Thanks!
Old 26-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #40
cheetf
Dragon

Happy that you found that out. Now you'll have peace of mind!