Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #21
FXPJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
not if u meant shit
wahpiang...kena exposed.....

Old 04-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #22
dragon888
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXPJR View Post
First mee siam now chilli crap.....waiting for the abalone.....
think abalone used before in one of the single ward and still lost the fight.....
Old 04-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #23
DinOBeeR
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon888 View Post
think abalone used before in one of the single ward and still lost the fight.....
yeah, the famous abalone porridge in Potong Pasir. omg...
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #24
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2373 View Post
buay sian meh.....time time when need to cast vote will hv upgrading n remaking....
Problem is.....cheng hu also sian liao....but the 66% buay sian.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #25
ryo88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
By his own admission, LKY has never been poor ... ...he is not a good leader? Given a chance, won't most people vote for him?
Lky prove to be a good leader once upon a time. But times have change and we have to MOVE ON and his style of running the country may not be suitable for current time. I will not vote for him myself.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 AM   #26
DinOBeeR
Arofanatic

just as many do, likewise i also recognise LKY for his contribution in building up Singapore to where it is today. and i do respect him for his (past) leadership & good foresight and decision making for Singapore.

but when come to vote, my country come 1st, my family also come 1st, and my future generation also come 1st. yup, there is no 2nd.

but that does not mean i will vote for him. i am voting for the future. i am skeptical that a governing policies which is lacking in Democracy(people voice, people power), Check & Balance and Transparency will have a bright future.

just my humble opinion, dun mean to be offensive.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #27
BTGH
Dragon

A lot of goodies always come out just before GE, in that case, I propose scrapping GE once every 5 yrs. It should be held annually or once every 2 years.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #28
globalcookie
Dragon

Is it true, as a Minister, he has to be a MP? If he is not an MP, can he remains as a minister?

To me, LKY had done great for Singapore for where we are today. I will think, so long as he is still able to contribue, even if he is not an MP, he should still remain as an MM or an advisor to the government.

Much as I may not like the policies created/set by the gov, I still do give him respect for what he has done for the overall good of the country.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #29
nFn
Arofanatic

Default GE: George Yeo shares key election strategy

GE: George Yeo shares key election strategy
By Shaffiq Alkhatib | Posted: 05 March 2011 1615 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...114558/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Minister for Foreign Affairs George Yeo said the key strategy for the General Election is to have a good team that can relate to different segments of the population.

Mr Yeo, who is also MP for Aljunied GRC, hinted on the makeup of his team for the constituency.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a community event, Mr Yeo indicated that one of them will be the Assistant Secretary-General of the National Trades Union Congress, Ong Ye Kung.

Another is current MP for Marine Parade GRC Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim.

"They're the existing five Members of Parliament who are going to stand again, I think. Plus Ong Ye Kung, who's been attached to us, and Faishal, who comes with Kaki Bukit which is a new addition to the GRC," Mr Yeo said.

"Among these seven, five will stand as candidates for the PAP. That's my estimation."

Mr Yeo added there's a possibility that one of his current MPs Yeo Guat Kwang may be leaving the Aljunied GRC team.

"That's possible, because the portion which he is responsible for, most of it, is moving to Ang Mo Kio GRC," he said.

"A part of it is going to Pasir Ris, and the landed property side remains with us. But the majority of the people he looked after will be moving to Ang Mo Kio, so it's entirely possible that he may move out. But we don't know for sure until Nomination Day."

Mr Yeo also highlighted his plans to reach out to the residents - which he referred to as the "Living in Aljunied 10".

He calls it "KUAY TEOW Hot and Nice", with each letter representing a theme:

K for Kampong spirit, U for Upgrading, A for Ageing well, Y for Young families, T for Transportation, E for Eating and shopping, O for Our heritage and W for WIFI.

The 'H' and 'N' in Hot and Nice stand for Healthy living and Nature, respectively.

-CNA/wk

Kuay Teow lai liao! What's next on the menu???
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #30
nFn
Arofanatic

Default GE: PM Lee says "good" if all seats contested in coming polls

GE: PM Lee says "good" if all seats contested in coming polls
By Saifulbahri Ismail | Posted: 05 March 2011 2001 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...114581/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has said that it will be good if all 27 electoral constituencies are contested in the next General Election (GE).

He also said that the People's Action Party (PAP) has a good team for the coming GE and they will be introduced in due course.

He was speaking to reporters during a visit to Aljunied-Hougang and Punggol South on Saturday.

The two areas were respectively part of Aljunied GRC and Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. After the electoral boundaries were redrawn last week, parts of Aljunied-Hougang and Punggol South will be absorbed into Ang Mo Kio GRC, where Mr Lee is an MP.

"I'm here because I wanted to see them, to meet them personally, to see their faces and impression of how things were, and also to let the residents know that I'm one of the MPs, or will be one of the MPs after the elections. So, I think it's a good feeling," said Mr Lee.

Despite the changes, the Aljunied-Hougang ward seemed to take the news well.

"I have about seven RCs carved over into Ang Mo Kio GRC after the re-drawing of the boundaries. I've been going round. I think they (the residents) are not worried about all these changes because they know that they definitely will be in good hands," said Mr Yeo Guat Kwang, MP of the Aljunied-Hougang ward.

The Prime Minister said he hopes new candidates will contest this election.

"After that, through what they are able to show, once they are elected, I think Singaporeans would get to know their calibre and they will get to find their pace and work out their relationships with one another, what their strengths are, how they complement one another, what they are able to do," said Mr Lee.

Mr Lee also commented on the state of the opposition.

"It seems to me rather exciting day-to-day changes, transformations, quarrels, squabbles, new friendships and old enmities all surfacing at the same time. I look forward to the next instalment," said Mr Lee.

The next General Election is expected to be keenly fought, with the opposition saying it will contest all seats.happily in the

- CNA/cc

Visit the link to this news article and take a look at the attached photo, isn't that the CASE President smiling happily in the background?
Closed Thread