Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #71
chilicrabz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
well done. chilicrabz.

May I know how do you sex the fish ?

Chris,
btw, I read in the pseudas thread that there is another member claimed that he bred pseudas and posted some of the fries pix. is it true ?
By their markings/spots, size of their stomach (round but not bloated), spikes on pectoral, shape of the head.

However, for other pseudas species, that is not exactly like what i have describe as above.
chilicrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #72
chilicrabz
Dragon

10th June 2009: Day 09
As expected, one of the deformed wrigglers with a "space" at the yolk,left the group.
In the morning, it was looking as per normal, but when i noticed it in the night, what was left was just the body, the yolk was no where to be found.

* A morning shot

* This was what it left.

The remaining two at the back, does not looks good. They are still wriggling and i just can't bear to pipette them out.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #73
chilicrabz
Dragon

11th June 2009: Day 10
This evening, things went bad. 2 of my wrigglers turn bad. When i found it,they were already as white as a silverfish. Did a headcount and i have only left with 14 of them. I think that if it was not my duty, rather than the DAD's, the survival rate will be much higher compare to this balance 14 out of the 200++ eggs in Day 01.

I do hope that i would have at least 10 fries left for me for this spawn.

* That's how they look. I feel so sorry for not keeping them alive.

The balance 14 wrigglers left.

Will update soon.....
Old 12-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #74
amiidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoToNgMaN View Post
Documented breeding journals of Singapore origin .. I'm sure there isnt any available.

which member if I may ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
Hidden tigers? i think iz Celticfish that post MX fries pic la............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
those fry that celticfish posted also belongs to MX's current spawn....
ya, refer to his post but sure look convincing after looking at the respond of the subsequent posts by other members including MX.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicrabz View Post
By their markings/spots, size of their stomach (round but not bloated), spikes on pectoral, shape of the head.

However, for other pseudas species, that is not exactly like what i have describe as above.
If you have time, care to give more details pertaining to the above such as the head shape etc.. ? Thanks

What do you think that the parent should have done pertaining to the parental care ? from my pacman experience, removing or shifting (esp with siphon method) of the fries is always a risky business that usually leads to major lost or deformed fish. but I guess we don't have much choice sometime.

Those egg sac soon will be absorbed..most likely in another 2 days. what will you be feeding them with ?

Last edited by amiidae; 12-06-2009 at 09:51 AM.
amiidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #75
ash
Dragon

nice documented breeding and rearing of fry... all the pics are very clear...
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #76
johannes

hey bro take a look at picture no 2 from thread #72,

you saw there is one that start to colour up?

given all of them are from the same batch and i notice few have started to colour up. these few are the ones that will make it (sounds very pessimistic) but take note, it's true.. the rest will just die off one by one (esp those with some clear space in the yolk area) and eventually you will see a strong few. when that happens, just take care of the few well and they will make it one. That's what i observe as well from certain L-number fries of mine...

in the same batch any fries that does not start to colour up the rest means will up lorry....
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #77
chilicrabz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
If you have time, care to give more details pertaining to the above such as the head shape etc.. ? Thanks

What do you think that the parent should have done pertaining to the parental care ? from my pacman experience, removing or shifting (esp with siphon method) of the fries is always a risky business that usually leads to major lost or deformed fish. but I guess we don't have much choice sometime.

Those egg sac soon will be absorbed..most likely in another 2 days. what will you be feeding them with ?
The eggs shouldn't have been kicked out by the stress Male if his other ex-gf did not try to have a quickie with him. I presume that after the pair spawn and the Dad is trying to guard the eggs, his ex-gf tries to force her way into the cave, giving him a few bite marks on the back. Dad could be stress of this, thus kicked the whole bunch out.

I wished that Dad took care of them. Seriously, the number of casualties is very high in the artificial hatchery. Maybe in the next spawn, i make sure it just the 2 of them alone.

I will be trying to feed them micro pellet, to see how it goes. Any ideas what should i feed them with?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #78
johannes

crush the normal hikari carni pellet also can
or nls the smallest one
Old 12-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #79
celticfish

Okay I fess-up its ME!
MX, you didn't help the confusion with your comment too! kekeke

Actually we spoke earlier and I suggested to pass some of the eggs that were loose from the eggball.
Then I can help with documentation of the fry development.

Since MX has posted the picture when they are younger I'll only post the very recent ones.

This is the "deformed" one.
Though it's coloured up well it acts funny by wriggling upside down...
Also notice the shape of the yoke compared to the other one.

Here you can notice the crooked tail.
It bends quite pronouced at the caudal pundecal.

Here is the better specimen.

In this picture you can even see the skull is shaping up.
This picture also shows the light and dark grey colours its adopting.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #80
L046

MX, in my L046 hatchery box, I divert a small outlet water hose ( you can use the 6mm air hose ) into the hatchery, this is to ensure clean and oxygenated water in the hatchery. The inlet of the water hose can be inserted into the outlet of your rainbar or outlet of your cannister filtration system. I have done this arrangement and my fries KO rate cut down quite a lot ! !