Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Brandon

Default Daily wc

Tank size 4x2x2 with 70% filled est volume 320 liters
Aging water pail est volume 23 liters
Bioload: 14" sr, 2 pcs of 7-8" it, 5-6" oscar and 5-6" pleco
Fluval fx5 biohome+ & cr and Atman df-1300 full of cr
Feeding 2-3pcs medium size mp, 2 meals per day and pellets once awhile

Currently im doing wc daily with est 7% of water. So
My question,

Is the daily wc doing any harm instead of good?
Planning to do 10% wc daily thou

And im planning to add 1 more 7-8" ff, will my bioload too high?
Currently, all water parameters are good.

TIA
Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Frequent water change is definitely good.... Just that many of us are just too lazy to do that everyday.
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
wayne

Wont there be too much nutrients lost with high freq wc? Maybe can have a slowpoke flow rate overflow sump if the bioload aint screaming anytime soon?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
Frequent water change is definitely good.... Just that many of us are just too lazy to do that everyday.
Roger that, thks!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Wont there be too much nutrients lost with high freq wc? Maybe can have a slowpoke flow rate overflow sump if the bioload aint screaming anytime soon?
Not sure about the nutrients lost, ttsy the thread, thks anyway...
Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
harrysoo
Dragon

regular wc imho, is definitely beneficial to our lovely fishes. For me, every 2-3 days a 20% wc and twice monthly a 50% wc.
harrysoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Can share how and what nutrients will be lost with high freq water change ?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
wayne

Just my imagination. Example like vitamins, or minerals leached off from eg. BioHome+ plus. Lets say everyday 10% wc. 10 days 100%. Are the stuffs providing minerals and/or nutrients able to keep up?

For myself now i rarely do wc, i just top up evaporated water. My feeding frequency is 2-3 days feed 1 day. Only a piece of big mp for silver aro(getting big, fiercer when hungry). So far, pH has been good and water doesnt smells. And pbasses are happy with the newly purchased wavemaker.

Finally adopted the 2-3 days feed 1 day approach, via a bro i think is Abel. Now the kels are shining a little more brighter. Maybe better for detoxing too. Hungry fish is a healthy fish.

Back to topic, i wud say its trial n error, if everything works brilliantly with 10% wc, continue the routine. Best of the worlds, fish happy, keeper happy, everyone happy!

Cheers!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Just my imagination. Example like vitamins, or minerals leached off from eg. BioHome+ plus. Lets say everyday 10% wc. 10 days 100%. Are the stuffs providing minerals and/or nutrients able to keep up?

For myself now i rarely do wc, i just top up evaporated water. My feeding frequency is 2-3 days feed 1 day. Only a piece of big mp for silver aro(getting big, fiercer when hungry). So far, pH has been good and water doesnt smells. And pbasses are happy with the newly purchased wavemaker.

Finally adopted the 2-3 days feed 1 day approach, via a bro i think is Abel. Now the kels are shining a little more brighter. Maybe better for detoxing too. Hungry fish is a healthy fish.

Back to topic, i wud say its trial n error, if everything works brilliantly with 10% wc, continue the routine. Best of the worlds, fish happy, keeper happy, everyone happy!

Cheers!
Lol . Than your nitrate level leh ?
eNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNox View Post
Lol . Than your nitrate level leh ?
I dun use those though. As long no foul smell, water looks good, fishes responsive to me, eating well, good enough already. Only thing im afraid is live feeders. Those feeders are a gamble. And im so happy my kel decided to suck in an mp tail today.