Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 20-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Flavs
Dragon

I have two dwarf pikes. Crenicichla Regani!
Flavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
I think the atabapo I would look better after a month.. Hopeful for the outcome by then ..

My point of view, C. Cincta is superrrrrrrrrrrr peaceful with other cichlids. Not sure how they would fare with other pikes though
You got a piece of atabapo for yourself as well? any updates of your cincta!

I guess so too, but from what I see most atas even after introduction like 1 big red chilli already

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
Hmmm...i wonder if C. cincta can comm with discus??
I think provided the size difference aint too big. At least my ata 7-8" with my 3-4" Silver dollars no problem.. So the "shape-wise" passed alrdy? Wahaha!

End of the day only 1 way to find out Imo.. You nv try you nv know. Different fishes have different characteristics!

Last edited by sixthbrand; 20-03-2012 at 03:13 PM.
sixthbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
illumnae
Dragon

My previous C. johanna and C. atabapo IIs were becoming bullies at 7-8" and only the U. fernandezyepezi standing up to them allowed the discus to get any food at all. I ended up having to get rid of that batch of discus to prevent them from getting bullied any further.

This batch of discus a little too precious to be guinea pigs...I think I'll just have to pass
illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
I have two dwarf pikes. Crenicichla Regani!
From AH bro? They're cute and tiny! Are they a pair? Do show updates of them and the setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
My previous C. johanna and C. atabapo IIs were becoming bullies at 7-8" and only the U. fernandezyepezi standing up to them allowed the discus to get any food at all. I ended up having to get rid of that batch of discus to prevent them from getting bullied any further.

This batch of discus a little too precious to be guinea pigs...I think I'll just have to pass
Atabapo IIs.. You still have photos of them? I see.. Damn.. I realised pikes have different tempers.. Some are commable others not. Matter of luck I guess? yea I know how hard was it for you to get the discus, think better not to try.

Btw, I was under the impression you were setting up another tank for pikes. LOL!
Old 20-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
Flavs
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthbrand View Post
From AH bro? They're cute and tiny! Are they a pair? Do show updates of them and the setup!

Atabapo IIs.. You still have photos of them? I see.. Damn.. I realised pikes have different tempers.. Some are commable others not. Matter of luck I guess? yea I know how hard was it for you to get the discus, think better not to try.

Btw, I was under the impression you were setting up another tank for pikes. LOL!
Yes, from from AH. But mine is adult pair Not those small ones. Over a year old pair.
Old 20-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
Ryan Red
Senior Dragon

My exp to share, keeping different species in no hiding environ could help to ease the aggressiveness. As they bz in defending then attacking

My cOm pike"s in 6ft tank with other tank mate also (aro, gar, pb, Bichir, ray )

Tocantin female 12"
Lenti 7" unknown sex
Ata1 female 7"
Ata1 male 12" (glooming for friend , need close monitoring)
Cincta female 10" joining soon

So far only fare and minor bite but no serious rumble .

To pike aggressive , caution of jaw lock and body wound if any. As that lead to deadly .
Ryan Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #17
sixthbrand
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
Yes, from from AH. But mine is adult pair Not those small ones. Over a year old pair.
Waiting for your updates bro!!! Intention to breed them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Red View Post
My exp to share, keeping different species in no hiding environ could help to ease the aggressiveness. As they bz in defending then attacking

My cOm pike"s in 6ft tank with other tank mate also (aro, gar, pb, Bichir, ray )

Tocantin female 12"
Lenti 7" unknown sex
Ata1 female 7"
Ata1 male 12" (glooming for friend , need close monitoring)
Cincta female 10" joining soon

So far only fare and minor bite but no serious rumble .

To pike aggressive , caution of jaw lock and body wound if any. As that lead to deadly .
Wa, one of the pike masters have spoken! Wahhaha! Thanks for sharing, eagerly waiting for your photo updates, you know what I mean laaa
Old 20-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #18
Flavs
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthbrand View Post
Waiting for your updates bro!!! Intention to breed them?
Dilemma now. Hehe. Wanna breed, wanna sell. Cause if keep, need to have their own species tank. If keep, then they keep chasing and bullying other fishes. you know la, having a species tank will take up so much precious space to keep other fishes. Hahaha. The male looks really gorgeous though. upload some pics later tonight
Old 20-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
rontan
Dragon

Aiyoh Kent, more poison to introduce
rontan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #20
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Haha bro, didn't get the atabapo I la... Pocket bit tight!

I heard they r more aggressive too..

Bro illumine, I have good feeling about cincta commin with your discus. My 12-13" cincta doesn't bother my 4" SDs used as dithers..

No issues with my ex-green parrot which was about 9" as well.. Once in awhile it would push fishes away with it's head but no biting or flaring

Last edited by WiNd.feNg; 20-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote