Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like a stingray species forum?
yes please! 63 94.03%
No thanks, don't need one. 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #31
TOM32
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigas View Post
Yes my latest batch Uncle....after I move house, I invite you over to looksee the parents This little girl will be my future mama...cannot even think of parting with it

Your P14....last batch already gone. Next batch sure reserve for you How's the little one doing...hope enuf spots to satisfy u?
Put her in white environment..has better chances.
Wacow, you moving house!!! you moving your giant pond too?
The little one is doing fine with good spots... just managed to convert feeding on frozen fish [ teow keng fish machan sardine ].

Regards
TOM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #32
azon
Senior Dragon

if I'm selling rays but the viewing location is at LCK farm than is it allow?
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #33
Jordi

Thanks for sms by Stanley, i have voted in favour. The separate forum is good. Hope it thrives and there will be more postings and advice dished out as the number of ray keepers are growing.

For the sales part, it will really help ray keepers. i have for a period of time, an hidden fear that the rays i kept will one day grow to a unmanagable size or grow in numbers and i have no way to manage it by trading it off or moving it away (esp when Arofanatics implement the restrictions and arowanaclub nearly went under..., plus don't really know whether rays will be banned one day by govt etc).

Anyway, to make this new regulations work, all of us should do our part to make it grow in a responsible manner. We should police it to weed out the bad eggs. Cheers.
Old 29-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #34
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azon View Post
if I'm selling rays but the viewing location is at LCK farm than is it allow?
Exporters take stock from breeders and hobbyists regardless of location; I don't see why this would be a problem.

Arofanatics will not disallow this.
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #35
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
one question, with this lift, does it mean that members can also post a "WTB Ray" thread in buy/sell section?
Thanks for the feedback, boss.

Sorry I missed this earlier. Yes- WTB. WTT. All can jalan.
Old 30-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #36
cavallino
Administrator

Thanks for the very well thought out inputs, TOM32.

We'll definitely take it on board with us through the ongoing developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM32 View Post
Long time ago should have lifted this ban liao.

We should allow all species of ray for buying/selling here.

May i suggest this guidelines

1 Seller must state the bred of the ray.
2 In the case of SP, seller if possible state the papa and mama bred.
3 Must attach a clear picture of the ray.
4 Size of ray to be measured from left to right.
5 Pup should be at least 3 to 6 weeks old and eating before it can be sold.
6. Seller to inform what food the ray is feeding on
5 Seller to feed ray during viewing upon the request of the buyer.
6 Correct naming of ray

SP - for all type of SP - buying to view and judge yourself
Motoro
Marble Motoro
Pearl
Sakura
Tiger
Otorongo
P12 Henlei
P13 Leo / Black Diamond
P14 Starry
Old 30-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #37
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post

The traders will be out in force. We must be prepared for more dispute threads. I know we can all mention caveat emptor but as u all also know, AF prides itself on being a community and I'll like it to still be this way instead of every man for himself.
We will do our best.
Old 30-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #38
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post

For the sales part, it will really help ray keepers. i have for a period of time, an hidden fear that the rays i kept will one day grow to a unmanagable size or grow in numbers and i have no way to manage it by trading it off or moving it away (esp when Arofanatics implement the restrictions and arowanaclub nearly went under..., plus don't really know whether rays will be banned one day by govt etc)
Thanks for your input. Yes, as I mentioned earlier, it is our intent to allow the market to perform the distribution function, part of which involves helping the animals access export channels in the most expedient manner, thereby reducing the incidence of "dumping".
Old 30-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #39
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Let me just share my concerns.

Rays are not cheap. It costs quite a fair bit.

The traders will be out in force. We must be prepared for more dispute threads. I know we can all mention caveat emptor but as u all also know, AF prides itself on being a community and I'll like it to still be this way instead of every man for himself.

The sp. issue will never be settled. It'll be a case of somewhere along the line has some PDR genes and that's a PDRsp. This will go on forever. There'll be claims and counter claims. I dunno whether we'll be richer or poorer for it.

Should we proceed with this, I'll like to ask the ray community to take a more active role in educating and also weeding out unethical sellers. U can say all u want abt why having this is good, but if u sit on the fence when an issue is at hand, then this will not work.

I just want to remind the community that this is for you, the section is for u. And should u want this, then u must help us to look after this.
John concern not only apply to SP but pure rays as well. For sp rays, it is v obvious they r crossed bred & the best advise for buyers is to see fish buy fish & not be too particular abt the bloodline. If u r particular, pls buy fr someone tat u can trust. Buyers must also not be blind by greed , paying just peanuts & hoping to get a pair of nice PDR SP is not realistic. For sp rays, personally I felt that arguing abt bloodline is a waste of time esp for those chap parang crossed, sellers can claim watever they like, buyers will just hv to be cautious.

My deepest concern is abt pure rays. It is not easy for most of us, even exp breeders to identify sp rays selling as pure rays. Motoros, marble, etc r of no serious worries as unethical sellers would usually go for more ex rays like BD, P14, thousands islands, high quality leos, etc. These r where the $ is.

For eg, breeders can use LeoHenlei X Leos to get some BD quality pups. These pups r sold as BD pups at BD prices. F2, F3 PDR SP can also be sold as normal leos. These r the transactions tat will involved thousands of $ & sad to say, many will nvr hv a chance to realise that they r being con. To add on, those sellers that imported such rays to sell dont even know what they r selling.

Last edited by Tay; 30-07-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote