Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like a stingray species forum?
yes please! 63 94.03%
No thanks, don't need one. 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
cavallino
Administrator

Exclamation Revamped regulation regarding stingray- related activities

Dear members,

Please send the word out to all whom you believe would be interested in this development.

We have decided to lift all restrictions with regards to buying, selling and trading stingrays in Arofanatics' marketplace. Please do note however, AVA’s general guidelines that encourage the export of stingrays.

We would also like to gauge your appetite level for a stingray species discussion forum through this poll. (30 Jul 10: stingray forum opened as per majority's preference)

Thank you,
The Arofanatics Team

Last edited by cavallino; 30-07-2010 at 11:51 AM.
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
zhuangsw

Haha great news Cava! Yes Please! You have both my arms and legs up in support! (i wished this was considered much earlier it would have definately benefited many!) It's a Win-win situation!

Hopefully with an easier assess to free and fair trade, the market can over time eventually settle down to a real price. Currently there are too much unfounded speculations with any proper figures, or closed deals in black and white to refer to.

Such price speculations only seeks to benefit towards each own; buyer or sellers side, especially in the playing field of, (humorous pun intended), well, black and white rays market.

Over time, it will only destroy and lead to a spoilt black market. Affecting all sides, exports of wild rays from brazil, businesses livelihood, breeders, and end users; hobbyist..

So once again, brother Cava, you have my full support in this; a stingray species discussion forum, where we can share freely, educate and expose more people to the wonderful love of stingrays and their "poisonous effects"~.

haha, i hardly post much nowadays so dont mind my honest 2cents, from someone who has been in "deeply poisioned" position.
Sean Zhuang
zhuangsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
chelseaman67
Dragon

That means there will no longer be any quota in selling rays or it still stands at 2 rays per quarter. Thanks
chelseaman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseaman67 View Post
That means there will no longer be any quota in selling rays or it still stands at 2 rays per quarter. Thanks
There will be no quota, and we will cease to maintain the register.

However, all guidelines that define mass/ commercial sellers still apply.
Old 29-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
cavallino
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuangsw View Post

Hopefully with an easier assess to free and fair trade, the market can over time eventually settle down to a real price. Currently there are too much unfounded speculations with any proper figures, or closed deals in black and white to refer to.
Wow! You've definitely thought it through a lot more than I did. We just got tired of maintaining the register.
Old 29-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
MilkMan

education & sharing for prospective ray owners is important. rays are sensitive, intelligent creatures and they deserve alot of attention. there are many sifu here in AF, with revamped regulations i believe the AF ray community will benefit.
Old 29-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
education & sharing for prospective ray owners is important. rays are sensitive, intelligent creatures and they deserve alot of attention. there are many sifu here in AF, with revamped regulations i believe the AF ray community will benefit.
-agree with the above statement.sharing of information and education is the way to go.personally i think that lifting of the rules benefit all ray and non ray keepers.a lot more information can be shared freely rather than thru gossip and getting wrong data.
-the number of rays changing hands is not going to go down even the rules uphold,as we know there are many other means of bypassing.so the best way is by EDUCATION
-the numbers of ppl keeping freshwater rays worldwide is not by chance!
is bec they are unique and beautiful and easy to maintain in home aquarium providing potential owner hv good access to INFORMATION

i voted YES,infact is long overdue.
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
Gigas
Dragon

I wholehearted agree to this relaxation of ruling...frankly speaking, I think even AVA has been very lax in their policing of this so call ban.

Just for kicks...will do something I seldom do...post of my rays here. This 7 inch little female is one of my pride & joy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my sp1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	261888  
Gigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
laodie
Senior Dragon

i feel otherwise and had voted against having a sub species forum of rays.

with the lift of the rays sales quota, it is definitely a good news for myself and schmike. no more monitoring.

one question, with this lift, does it mean that members can also post a "WTB Ray" thread in buy/sell section?
laodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigas View Post
I wholehearted agree to this relaxation of ruling...frankly speaking, I think even AVA has been very lax in their policing of this so call ban.

Just for kicks...will do something I seldom do...post of my rays here. This 7 inch little female is one of my pride & joy!
hmm,..henlei genes very strong.heehee
chio girl indeed
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote