Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 19-12-2002, 10:43 AM   #121
zhiz22
Endangered Dragon

bettaroom
its the face only that got affected...... do you think anti velvet would help? i tried before it didnt but its for a dying fish then.
zhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2002, 02:16 PM   #122
RobinYip

yo thanx....i tink cant be poor water conditions..mi chng water every 3-4 daes.........hey aniway, 2 of my CT seem listless..either staying at e top or at the bottom....nv flares..it was ok yesterday.........hw to cure??
Old 19-12-2002, 06:38 PM   #123
Bettaroom

no lah interpet no. 7 not only treat velvet mah. if the description given by robin is correct, then i strongly believe it's costia.

signs of costia infection
1) fin clamp. unable to flare fully. the tail sort of "hardened".
2) white film/slime over body or certain parts of the fish
3) the water will cloud very fast

costia can only be controlled but cannot be eliminated completely. in other words, it EXIST in every fish. a breakout only happens when the fish stress or weak.
Old 19-12-2002, 10:27 PM   #124
jas_now

Eh can someone help me...... my betta's are becoming free willys liao...... whole day jumping out of their tanks....... everyday i hav to catch them...... last week my very chio salamander died cos i din notice it jumping out.... can someone tell me wats wrong wif my fish!!!!
Old 20-12-2002, 12:35 PM   #125
zhiz22
Endangered Dragon

there is only one big problem. you are not covering yr tank properly.
zhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2002, 01:15 PM   #126
plsoong

my fishies that i've kept do not have a problem even though i'm lazy to change the water once a week and they are all crowntails

y?

1. all my aged water contains yellow powder and my ketapang extract (that i made and am selling ) even if they are healthy.

2. after dispensing the aged water to them all, i will add a teenyweeny bit of antiwhite spot (oceanfree) so teeny weeny that it doesn't really change colour.

3. minute amounts of Interpet's Swim bladder, internal bacteria.

so far none of my fish dio any kinda dangerous diseases except the VERY FIRST FISH THAT I BOUGHT...FEMALE BLUE drct that time din know about tis forum and din know kelvin, mark, sean and others..so no medication

kekekekke

prabaraj21, outta 3 fishes u gave me, 1 went to heaven liao.... that one i tried my very best to rescue cannot liao... very very severe condition..

another one got gill curl and swim bladder problem as well as velvet
oso undergoing intensive care
Old 21-12-2002, 05:38 PM   #127
15 Sierra

bao loong, rem the yellow i tellin u about?? tis mornin went heaven oso... juz 1 dae oni... put in yellow powder n the int bac medication, still lidat... dunno y.... sighz...
Old 22-12-2002, 01:08 AM   #128
plsoong

Quote:
Originally posted by 15 Sierra
bao loong, rem the yellow i tellin u about?? tis mornin went heaven oso... juz 1 dae oni... put in yellow powder n the int bac medication, still lidat... dunno y.... sighz...

wah....that bad ah?!?!?!

eh i thot u said it had swim bladder prob? thot u go buy interpet anti swim bladder?

kakaka how come u end up buying int bact
Old 22-12-2002, 08:12 PM   #129
MoonLighter

My Betta, after a meal of bloodworm(frozen), now stomach super big and cannot balance,on the bottom of the tank in a 45 angle
y like that man???
Old 22-12-2002, 10:07 PM   #130
jas_now

Quote:
Originally posted by zhiz22
there is only one big problem. you are not covering yr tank properly.
but i hav not covered my tanks at all from the beginning... only last 2 weeks they seem to jump out of their tanks..... could it b becos of my neighbours drillings? becos they r like drilling til my whole hse shakes