Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 14-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #121
lohsinlong
Dragon

i would like to ask if anyone feed Artemis or brine shrimp? any effect on gf??
lohsinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #122
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohsinlong View Post
i would like to ask if anyone feed Artemis or brine shrimp? any effect on gf??
I feed brine shrimp occasionally as a supplement.

Be careful to flush them with water before you feed because of the high salt content in the water.

For leftover BS, you can put them in the fridge in the compartment where you normally put your vegetables. They will be fine for 3-4 days.
Old 14-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #123
lohsinlong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post

Be careful to flush them with water before you feed because of the high salt content in the water.

For leftover BS, you can put them in the fridge in the compartment where you normally put your vegetables. They will be fine for 3-4 days.
noted with thanks
lohsinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 05:42 AM   #124
Sotong King

Quote:

What is the benefit of feeding BS?
Old 15-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #125
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King View Post
What is the benefit of feeding BS?
I do not feed BS as part of the regular diet; more like adding variety and that's all.

In terms of protein content, I read somewhere that it is made up of 40% protein.
Old 15-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #126
Lei
Dragon

Quote:
I do not feed BS as part of the regular diet; more like adding variety and that's all.

In terms of protein content, I read somewhere that it is made up of 40% protein.
Learnt from a breeder that BS is more of a calcium provider... And its rather save to feed BS due to it nature of hatching them in salt water as bacterias or parasites are known to be unable to live in fresh water when fed to freshwater fishes...

Hope this helps... Correct me if I'm wrong..
Lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #127
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Quote:

Hi bro, the brine shrimp u feeding... issit those adult BS u got from lfs? if so, better to gut load them with spiurilina powder, or additives like selcon. Just feeding the adult bs straight from the lfs is like eating potato chips... will get full, but no nourishment.
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #128
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei View Post
Learnt from a breeder that BS is more of a calcium provider... And its rather save to feed BS due to it nature of hatching them in salt water as bacterias or parasites are known to be unable to live in fresh water when fed to freshwater fishes...

Hope this helps... Correct me if I'm wrong..
bro lei, in fact bs egg shell contains alot of parasite! last time before i feed to my seahorse fries, i dip the prewash with freshwater bbs into freshwater..... still my fries die due to dieases!
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #129
Lei
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
Hi bro, the brine shrimp u feeding... issit those adult BS u got from lfs? if so, better to gut load them with spiurilina powder, or additives like selcon. Just feeding the adult bs straight from the lfs is like eating potato chips... will get full, but no nourishment.
Jus to add on... Those that are bought from LFS which are slightly orange or red in color are oxygen deficient... Healthy BS should be slightly grey in color or green color which are gut loaded with spiurilina powder...

Try hatching some and you will know the difference... Hehe..
Old 15-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #130
Lei
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
bro lei, in fact bs egg shell contains alot of parasite! last time before i feed to my seahorse fries, i dip the prewash with freshwater bbs into freshwater..... still my fries die due to dieases!
I got a friend who is facing the same problem... But he dont think its disease that is causing his seahorse fries to die... Not too sure whats really the cause thou... Will ask him if I got the chance to meet him again...

Hmmm... Maybe to correct what I said... Freshwater could restrain the parasite from BS to be active?