Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 05-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #11
tedhoek

There is so much confusion on the net about whats a bd and whats not
tedhoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #12
azon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhoek View Post
I have never breed black diamonds. I just make a poster for a friend. I only ask your advice to make the poster better. I have read alot on the net. Thats my only source of information. If you do not agree with the poster please tell me what to change
You should ask for this information from your breeder friend since he is breeding maybe ask him what I ask you too..
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #13
marshy

Senior Moderator

No one here and just about every breeder in this world is professional nor in authority to describe a "BD". Only Biologist who study the DNA of the fish can. Till now... BDs are described as a P13 Varient. That's all. In essence it's still just a P13 until fully classified by biologists as otherwise.
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Nomis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
No one here and just about every breeder in this world is professional nor in authority to describe a "BD". Only Biologist who study the DNA of the fish can. Till now... BDs are described as a P13 Varient. That's all. In essence it's still just a P13 until fully classified by biologists as otherwise.
Right on target !! I concur with your view truly ...many thanks for reading my mind too.

Quote:
I have never breed black diamonds. I just make a poster for a friend. I only ask your advice to make the poster better. I have read alot on the net. Thats my only source of information. If you do not agree with the poster please tell me what to change
Pardon me for being abit blunt initially , we are aware that your action of doing up a poster is for the good of all hobbyist as reference .

But just that the poster seems already done and circulated i(Eg other forumn ) , this make me wonder what exactly it's message is trying to convey to all?

I must reiterate that you have all your rights to post what you want, just that I hope informations should not mislead others, that's all.

Let us maybe take this thread to contribute how best we could describe a "high quality P13" that eventually can be recognised as your term "Black Diamond" .

But again , emphasising that "NOT All BDs have all these feature in that 1 fish is as important".

Like I state the greyish pup is not "dark dark black" until adulthood, and putting the word "optional underbelly spotting" may be as good.

Just my personal view again.

Thanks for effort done anyhow.

Simon

Quote:
With your proffesional advice i will update the poster and make a better one. The farm does not exist its just a website
Thanks for updates .

Simon

Last edited by Nomis; 05-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #15
nutx
Dragon

interesting thread again......

I see the poster from another angle....

for new hobbyists....if they follow these characteristics....(assuming all are all right), what they will be getting will be high chance or 99.99% a BD. They will not be con easily by fake seller.

This doesn't mean that other fish without these characteristics are not BD.
example, some fish may not have under belly spot....it can still be a BD.

but for beginner, to play safe...should look for as many of these characterisitcs as possible.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
Wilgan
Dragon

Thanks for the poster! I agree with Nutz. Think it serve as a good guide for beginners. Nicely done!
Wilgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #17
zon
Dragon

I do agree but I feel lot of hobbyists will know how to select a top grade P13 or so call BD but again how many of them are willing to pay for the premium?
zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
kenray
AFC Member

Ts did you ask for permission from e photo owner when you create this poster.. pls dont use others photo without any permission. . Saw 1 of ur pic have my ray photo. Pls take it off.
kenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #19
tedhoek

Which picture? I am sorry for not asking permission. If you dont like it i will delete it
tedhoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #20
kenray
AFC Member

E 1st pic paddle tail.. thx...
kenray is offline   Reply With Quote