Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 13-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
_kai_
Dragon

redcross Hydra Removal

Hey guys, i have countless numbers of hydra in my tank and i want them gone! Are there any chemicals/fishes to help remove them fast and effectively? I want to do this now as i have very little shrimps and it would be easy to catch them out before adding any fishes or chemicals. Pls help me out here, thanks in advance .
_kai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kai_ View Post
Hey guys, i have countless numbers of hydra in my tank and i want them gone! Are there any chemicals/fishes to help remove them fast and effectively? I want to do this now as i have very little shrimps and it would be easy to catch them out before adding any fishes or chemicals. Pls help me out here, thanks in advance .
I come across this Baxter "white worms away" or you can try the dog de-worm Fenbendazole. 0.1gm of Fenbendazole 2 dose to wipe out. However Baxter one is liquid form might need a heavy dose best to remove all life stock and plants. Recommended 1 cap full about 15 ml to 100 litres.
Old 13-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
I come across this Baxter "white worms away" or you can try the dog de-worm Fenbendazole. 0.1gm of Fenbendazole 2 dose to wipe out. However Baxter one is liquid form might need a heavy dose best to remove all life stock and plants. Recommended 1 cap full about 15 ml to 100 litres.
Have you been using the 2 medicines before? If not, pls don't wrongly advise others. Your wild guessing may lead to other misfortune.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
_kai_
Dragon

Would try anything right now...everywhere i look theres a hydra . But this Fenbendazole doesnt sound like it can be used to kill hydras, its used to kill worms in dogs so i dont think i would use it... Anyone else have other ways? Pls share here, really need to get rid of these hydras...Before it gets any worser...
Old 13-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Xmant
Dragon

Hydras can multiply if your tank water circulation is poor. If you work on that area, hydras will be gone without a need of any medicine.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
_kai_
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
Hydras can multiply if your tank water circulation is poor. If you work on that area, hydras will be gone without a need of any medicine.
I thought they will multiply if the water was cold... I would work on the circulation but would it really be sufficent to remove them?
Old 13-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
binniez

I have used Fenbendenzole before. Have killed hydra with it before. Needs 3 dose if it doesn't clear up. First day the hydra will shrink, second day the hydra might drop off from the wall, if it doesn't, dose a third time.

But personally i don't think they pose too much of a problem and my shrimplets are still around. There has been many debate on this treatment method with some sucessful and some with all livestock wiped out. So weight your options. Personally i find that hydras can also be removed if you lessen your feeding frequency/amount or increase ur filtration.
Old 13-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
binniez

Just to add on. This treatment is 100% deadly for horn nerite snails. So if you are going to be considering this option u can remove them out first. And do more water changes if you are going to do so as ammonia might spike and to remove excess chemicals.
Old 13-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
Have you been using the 2 medicines before? If not, pls don't wrongly advise others. Your wild guessing may lead to other misfortune.
YES!! i have use baxter and i m still using it cause i did experiement and dose my tank abit by abit WITH LIFESTOCK in them. HAPPY DUDE? Like bro Kai say he willing to try anything and have low Lifestock that why suggested it as for dog de-worming it was written in several website and alot of forum i just didn't get my hand on it if yes i would try it also By the way i've gone thru the hassle of RESETTING MY TANK with media change water clean my only 2nd stupid mistake was i didn't air and sun my soil and change my hose too eager to get my tank setup again. Anyway if he need i can help to advise also i don't wrongly ask people to try even call Koji to inform him of it but when he told he shrimplet than i forget it if i m such a irresponsible person i would have just lie to him that it work and than let him kill all his lifestock.

Last edited by avex30; 13-03-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 13-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
avex30

Poor circulation meaning??? I've learn to use overfilteration from bro here. So is that consider Poor circulation??? 2x1.5 prefilter 1x 1000l/h atman and 1x1200l/h Jebo filter. Kindly advise my HYDRA BOOM???