Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 07-11-2002, 12:58 AM   #61
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by aw_i
Hi Goldfishmadman,

3)seems that there r basically 2 types of ranchus(ie.Jap vs Thai), so how do we appreciate them? Body shape? Swim posture? How do we tell the difference btw a show grade n another which is not?

Hope to hear it fr a pro himself.

Appreciate swimming of the fish of the breeder. Each has it's own swimming one good racnhu takes both to under stand the fish. So that the out come will be excellent.

To have this year excellent fish. Is up to your hands to do the job.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:17 AM   #62
aw_i

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

Hi where do you buy your ranchu from. Can you tell me.

Answer
1) To look out for fish first of all you must understand the breeder. Then you will be able to understand. Ugly fish is a good fish.

2) To buy good Ranchu i have heard of This two person name Alvin and Ron. They sell good quality ranchu. So far i have not seen their fish. But give it a try they have very good players from what i heard.

3)To appreciated a fish you have to understand the breeder and Ranchu. To buy a good Ranchu is best buy Show grade. Most Ranchu win their fish from there. The best bloodline is still Jap. Very fine. Is like a string with no nots on it. Look at the scale and head you will know. Very much different.

4) Feed 3 times in the morning.

5) 3 months all fish you will be able to see it. For nice fish use green water. Some Fish is 1 year nice 2 year not nice. Some fish 1 and 2 year not nice but 3 year nice. It is very hard to find fish 1 to 3 year nice. .

6) It is not easy to breed forget it you need space. Most Luo Han use Line breeding which is not very good. Is best use Cross Breeding with the same line. Pick of mother and father must be there or else they don't look like parent. Use human as a example. Why first child looks like mother?
I keeping just normal goldfish at the moment but will add ranchus in the next 2 weeks when I free. Sry I'm a newbie..But wat do u mean by "must understand the breeder"? I believe there's few varieties around so I more interested in knowing the traits of some of them. For e.g a Luohan Jinhua will have the traits of full wrap tails,etc..If not, someone can just come along n tell u its "show grade" BUT wat justify a showgrade standard??? ANd u say the goldies will change its "look" thru the yrs? Is it similar to Luohans whose genes r not stable? I tot these goldies r ard for very long? BTW wats green water? How can we tell a Jap ranchu fr a Thai ranchu??

Appreciate yr answers here.

Can I know the contacts of Alvin n ROn??
Old 07-11-2002, 03:12 AM   #63
Louis

Quote:

Dun know if u guys got notice or not but seems to me goldfish fever n goldfish madman r both the same person. Date of registration is 1 day apart..similar number of post made..same location in the west...both appearin in same posts supportin one another...same font with no spacing in nick...smells alot like a clone to me.

Can the MOD check on this?
aw_i,

I have looked into your concern, and i have taken a look at both users logged ip addresses and they are different. Meaning that most likely goldfish fever and goldfish madman are not the same user.

If you have anymore concerns, please notify me.

Regards
Old 07-11-2002, 06:33 AM   #64
dra9on

heheh... me just bought 2 black ranchus .. Thanks to those who posted on this thread .. making me gian ...
Old 07-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #65
aw_i

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis

aw_i,

I have looked into your concern, and i have taken a look at both users logged ip addresses and they are different. Meaning that most likely goldfish fever and goldfish madman are not the same user.

If you have anymore concerns, please notify me.

Regards
Thanks. Its probably a case of too many coincidences. Thanks for looking into the matter.Hope no offence taken by the two user.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:41 PM   #66
aw_i

Quote:
Originally posted by dra9on
heheh... me just bought 2 black ranchus .. Thanks to those who posted on this thread .. making me gian ...
Can let us know how much u pay for it? And where to buy? Thinking of getting black ranchu too.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:09 PM   #67
goldfishfever

Quote:

Thanks. Its probably a case of too many coincidences. Thanks for looking into the matter.Hope no offence taken by the two user.
That's ok.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #68
Username

Yah yah where to buy?
Old 08-11-2002, 02:03 AM   #69
dra9on

Quote:

Can let us know how much u pay for it? And where to buy? Thinking of getting black ranchu too.
$70 for a pair , at Tiong Baru Mkt.
Old 08-11-2002, 03:46 AM   #70
aw_i

Quote:
Originally posted by dra9on

$70 for a pair , at Tiong Baru Mkt.
Thanks! Going down to serangoon tml to take a look at their ranchus 1st, see which one cheaper. I remember seeing 1 going for $25..go check check 1st.