Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #531
IK2

The black crickets are not completely safe. Quite aggressive so feed when your frogs are actively eating, and don't leave them around.

Gryllus assimilus. Google for more info
Old 09-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #532
Soulmates
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK2 View Post
The black crickets are not completely safe. Quite aggressive so feed when your frogs are actively eating, and don't leave them around.

Gryllus assimilus. Google for more info
Thanks for the information!
I hand-feed them one by one and made sure they finish each and every crickets so it would be fine
Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #533
Zacquir
Arofanatic

Default Vivarium Plants for wtf setup

Hi All. Does anyone know where I can buy those Vivarium Plants for White Tree Frog setup. Any recommendations for a good place to buy. If there is a lfs that supplies them would be great. I'm wondering maybe i need to go to a flower nursery to purchase the plants. However, I'm unsure if the florist may be able to advice on the plants suitable for a white tree frog vivarium. I read that some plants may be poisonous.

I read a post from this website. It's a beautiful setup. All natural plants. Im not sure in terms of the maintenance requirements though. But I do want to set up a "complete" vivarium environment for my white tree frog.

Here's the forum thread:
http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...-vivarium.html

Here's the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvxJs...&feature=share
Zacquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #534
IK2

I've been wondering the same thing. But you will probably have to find out the plants common names and buy them at the nursery. Rinse leaves well with (warm?) water and repot.
Old 13-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #535
Zacquir
Arofanatic

Thanks for the advice bro IK2.
I managed to drop by a plant nursery @ Bedok and got.myself some plants. Removed the soils. Rinsed it thoroughly. Now soaking them in dechlorinated water along with some activated carbon to remove any chemicals. In case they spray on pesticides on the leaves.

Selaginella. For the base. Its like carpet grass effect when it grows.

Philodendron Gold.

Fittonia.

My tank is an exoterra 20x20x30. May have some obstacles getting enough height for the soil in the tank n trying to fit all the plants inside.

I tend to first place a layer of activated carbon at the base followed by coco peat soil. Then for the philodendron shall put new soil into the pot and place the plant along with the pot into the tank. The shop said they need at least 3-4" depth to grow.
For the other 2 plants shall attempt to plant them within the 2.5" soil that the tank can hold.

I hope the poop n pee doesnt stink the tank. Cos i wont be able to clean with all the plants. Feeding the crickets will have to be hand-fed.

Shall update when the plants are ready.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
Old 13-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #536
Clamence
Arofanatic

Nice plants Just a tip, keep the tank well ventilated and relatively dry to prevent unsightly moulds, fungus and all sorts of tiny insects
Clamence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #537
Zacquir
Arofanatic

Hi bro Clamence. Thanks a lot for the info. Definitely do not want insects in my tank. The exo terra should be able to keep it well-ventilated. Im just hoping the soil can stay dry and not too wet. Dont have a drainage system for the soil. I finally managed to plant them all.

Theyre pretty much diff from planting in a planted aquarium tank. Cant really use those ADA planting tweezers. Haha. But fun nevertheless. End up using fingers.

Here's some snaps of it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Old 13-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #538
fhan
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

Our frog grows very fast and nice,
fhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #539
fhan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhan View Post
Our frog grows very fast and nice,
I mean, your frog bro,

Cheers
fhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #540
Zacquir
Arofanatic

Its actually a different frog bro. Bought a bigger piece. My baby wtf is in a small guppy tank. Train feeding it. Cos it wasnt eating initially. So far so good under my friend's care. Frog Doctor. Hehe.
Planning to get a bigger vivarium soon. Experimenting on the small vivarium first to see if the plants can survive.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk