Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Koh View Post
Just started a 1.5 gallon nano tank (15cm depth) with DIY CO2 injection and 2 set of Dymax LED lights. Each lamp is rated at 1.6W, so the output I'm getting is in the region of 2.1wpg.

Not sure if this is a good indicator but I'm getting bubbling from my Vallisneria Spiralis (if my identification is correct) and Hemianthus Callitrichoides (HC).

Started out with 1 LED Lamp and bubbling was evident from my Vallisneria Spiralis in the early staged i.e. 3-4 days. Like the fact that it's compact and remains cool but not sure of the long term plant benefits since there's no much product information on the type of LED bulbs used.

So ur son likes it??

Back to the topic of LED lights the new LED lights by ELOS is really neat and expensive!
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
ruthlesskiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
will co2 tablet be useful for the bubbling in plants ? cause i just bought a SERA co2 tab , i thow inside the tank the bubble come out from tablets like very fast and dissolve within 1 minute . so meaning the co2 only last for just the period ? quite ex the tablet .

will try out the led light what brand you using ? dymax ? i have seen the hydor brand don know useful anot ... like very small ...
I suggest you not using CO2 tablets, they take in bicarbonates to form co2 and this reduces the ph and kh
Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #13
Alvin Koh

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic View Post
So ur son likes it??
Back to the topic of LED lights the new LED lights by ELOS is really neat and expensive!
Yeah he does. hehe... wants to meddle in everything including dosing, feeding, pruning the first few days.
The ELOS tanks are really nice indeed. Very clean and neat.
Alvin Koh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
BuTLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Koh View Post
Yeah he does. hehe... wants to meddle in everything including dosing, feeding, pruning the first few days.
The ELOS tanks are really nice indeed. Very clean and neat.
what brand of led light you using ?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #15
Alvin Koh

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
what brand of led light you using ?
Hi BuTLeR,
I am using 2 x Dymax Robot LED (28 LEDs)/lamp on a 1.5 gallon tank - The same one you were asking about.
Alvin Koh is offline   Reply With Quote