Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 07-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #51
LoNgFei

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrytan View Post
Edmund, you are right about the "secrecy of votes". When voters register their IC for voting, they are given the paper with a serial number which is tracked down to their IC number. I heard from my friends that those who voted for PAP will receive a "Thank You Letter" after the election, while those voted for OPP will receive nothing. (Not sure how true, cos i never received anything from PAP ... Oops ..... did i accidentally say out who I voted for?) BTW, I stay in HOUGANG and I am PROUD of it
I voted for PAP back in 2006 and I stay in AMK.

So far I have yet to receive any letters from PAP. So they do sent, the next time I will do is go to the press... How would they know who i voted..
Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
darrytan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
it is a mis-perception (intentional or unintentional) that the government is going to track down and find out who you vote...

sure they can do that, but for what? unless they get court order (easily, if they want), there is practically no way for the government to know who vote for who.

the voting process is pretty transparent and votes are kept secret (really secret) until there is a need to track and trace (never happened so far).

based on the registration number compiled, government maybe able to know, this estate, this block how many vote for who (reason for redraw of electoral boundaries) but unless suspect of fraud or so, government will not go and match, trace who vote who....

your vote if really secret,,.... vote will your heart and sound mind....

The purpose for the tracking is not to find out who vote for OPP, but rather to get a composition of the OPP supporter is that particular area, so that in the coming election, that high OPP sector can be drawn out into another ward so as to balance the votes. If not, why is hougang divided into hougang and other GRCs?

Secondly, not for the common citizens, but more for the elite group who are going to hold senior appointments in the civil services. Government had to do background check and also need to know everything about those elites. Would they want an elite who voted and supported OPP? And from the elite's point of view, if he can draw a peanut salary of say $600K, he better know who to vote for in order to keep his peanut well and safe.

I am not saying the PAP is no good, but having OPP in the constituency will definitely create a balance. Imagine you have "Daylight" 24 hours a day, and no night at all, is this balance?

PAP will never oppose to their own agenda, eg increase transport fares, add ERP gantry, increase GST, and that is why the OPP leaders should be there to ensure those are not being abused by the ruling party.

To say that they peg their pay system to the private is reasonable, but do you hear any CEO or chairman given such kind of increment like 800K? More than often, we heard CEO got chopped instead.
darrytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #53
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
Utter, complete, fantastic rubbish. At the last election, I act blur ask the officer where to cross if I want to vote opposition.

I am still around.
You are around becos here is Sing and not Somali........

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #54
holysinner
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Rubbish ....................

It is precisely because of people like u who spread these rumours that makes others afraid to vote for whoever they wish to .......
not true meh?
My friend say she rec'd letter from PAP asking her to support them instead next GE.
knn..she is financial planner somemore..
holysinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #55
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysinner View Post
not true meh?
My friend say she rec'd letter from PAP asking her to support them instead next GE.
knn..she is financial planner somemore..
My friend say ........ my friend say u r an idiot , true or not ? just asking nia nia lor
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #56
darrytan
Arofanatic

Default My apology to all if it is indeed rubbish

My apology to all who think this is rubbish. Again, please cast your vote wisely. Whether PAP or OPP, so long as you think that is what you hope for, then it will be a genuine vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNgFei View Post
I voted for PAP back in 2006 and I stay in AMK.

So far I have yet to receive any letters from PAP. So they do sent, the next time I will do is go to the press... How would they know who i voted..
I hearsay hearsay from friends. Whether truth or not, no smoke without fire. If such rubbish exists, it is more beneficial to PAP than for OPP. Therefore, since you voted for PAP, no need to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
Utter, complete, fantastic rubbish. At the last election, I act blur ask the officer where to cross if I want to vote opposition.

I am still around.
Of course you will be around, and I believe those could be just smoke. But if your current appointment is Chief of Army or some Minister of State, you will probably not be around in the next term.

Quote:
Rubbish ....................

It is precisely because of people like u who spread these rumours that makes others afraid to vote for whoever they wish to .......
This is known as "1 pass to 10, and 10 pass to 100" , the effect of communication. And when enough people hear about this "news", it will turn into a FACT, even though it may not be true. In reality, if this strategy really works, it will only work toward PAP benefits.

Last edited by darrytan; 07-04-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Typo error
darrytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #57
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNgFei View Post
Both Lees often speak with the wrong choice of words and too stubborn to admit their mistake.

They really rule with iron fist and do what they deem right..
It have been always like that and than admit after a few decade. Like the 2 child policy. 3rd one orh kong u now his father admit this mistake after so many damn decades....... Well his father do have utter the wrong stuff but not as much as his son. His son practically offend alot be it the citizen or be it some of the older MP. signz IRON fist both machiam think they are ironman
Old 07-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #58
jwhtan
Barney

Tell me ..... which Chief of Defence Force, Chief of Army, Navy, Air Force watever has stayed more than 1 election term of 5 years ?

Other than Winston Choo from 1970s to 1990s.

Spreading rumours is a disease, so please stop doing it. Bloody hell, spreading fear all around. My friend say, My who who say .......

My son say my dick is a fruit and not a vegetable because it has seeds lor
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #59
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Our former PAP grassroot already mentioned clearly in other thread on the voting. Armageddon, please allow me to quote your post.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
voting are secret in micro level. but not in macro level.

why there are boxes? why different people going different schools?

imagine blk A got lower half ppl (imagine 16 floor block) go school A
than higher half ppl go sch B.

when they count, sch A got 75% voted for current party.

that would generally mean that IN GENERAL, the lower half of that particular block A got roughly 75% voted for current party.

than go sch B. scarly, 99% voted opposition. and the block's high half go sch B that is pretty confirmed that higher half of that block voted for opposition. AND! if u damn suay stayed at that higher half and is the only 1% to vote for the current party..... than u know lah....

so they wouldn't know IN EXACT! but they arga arga......

but when words of mouth pass, the arga arga start lossing the words and from arga arga become arga. than arge becom sure knoW......wa piang... hahahaha....
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #60
holysinner
Arofanatic

Quote:
My friend say ........ my friend say u r an idiot , true or not ? just asking nia nia lor
well..that was 3 years ago.. i trust my financial planner mah.. somemore I never had a chance to stay in Opp ward..so I really dunno.
holysinner is offline   Reply With Quote